Spywareblaster and Spysubtract

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by auggief, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. auggief

auggief Registered Member

I have learned by process of elimination the when I run Spywareblaster and then run Spysubtract, SpySubtract shows:
    Coolwebsearch info(7items)
    HKCU\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\internetsettings\zonemap\
    domains\blazefind.com
    mt-download.com
    searchbarcash.com
    searchmiracle.com
    skoobidoo.com
    slotch.com
    xxxtoolbar.com
    Previously, in Wilders forum, I was told that it was probably Spyware blaster putting these into the registry. I just want to be sure they are harmless. I delete then with SpySubract but when I go into the registry they are still there. Does Spywareblaster put them in "domain" as a way of blocking coolwebsearch?

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi auggief, ;)

What is the Reg Dword Value?

A value of 4 is good as that means you are protected against it. If the value was 2, that would mean you were infected.

Yes ... This is how SB protects you ... if the value is 4 it is a F/P by Spy-Subtract

dog - *puppy*

3. auggief

Dog, in the registry under type it says REG SZ Value not set.

4. dog

dog Guest

That's right ... Is the Dword Value 4 for those entries?

Find/Click on one of these enteries ... in that sub set

mt-download.com
    searchbarcash.com
    searchmiracle.com
    skoobidoo.com
    slotch.com
    xxxtoolbar.com

And you will see the Dword Value for the given entry. In the right pane.

5. auggief

Dog, sorry for my ignorance but there isn't any Dword value showing in the right side of registry next to blazefind.com and the others. If I right click it on the left side and click new it will let me set dword to 1 but I know nothing about it so I deleted that and left it with only REGZ value not set.

6. dog

dog Guest

It should look like this.

Is this of any Help?

Steve

Attached Files:

7. auggief

I'd like to copy and paste my Registry Editor for you to see but can't figure out how to do it like you just did.

8. auggief

IF I click on 0190 Dialer shown in your example I get what you get dword and all but not with the items in our discussion.

9. dog

dog Guest

OK ... While the reg editor is the active window.

Press Ctrl + Print Screen (located in the small cluster above the Home & Page up Keys)

Open M$ Paint, or any Photo Editing software you may have.

Select new ... Then press Ctrl + V

And save as a Jpeg.

You can then upload it using the manage attachments button ... in the aditional options menu below "Submit Reply" & "Preview Post"

Just navigate to the file and then upload. ;)

Steve

10. dog

dog Guest

Ok ... Open Spyware Blaster ... and select enable ALL protection.

Then recheck the value of those enteries.

11. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

SpySubstract....or any similar cleaning program for that matter....does not delete the whole Domain key(blazefind.com for example)....it only removes the DWORD value found in the right hand section that denotes either a Trusted Site(0x00000002) or Restricted Site(0x00000004).

Attached Files:

12. dog

dog Guest

OK ... See the above posts first.

If that doesn't work ... You can manually enter them ... Navigate to those enteries ... Right Click on a entery --> select new, then select Dword Value. Enter the name as * (shift + 8 ) Hit enter ... then left click that entery in the right pane ... and set the Dword Value to 4.

Attached Files:

13. auggief

Ok Dog I need to go drink some beer. I didn't do anything that I know of and now all of a sudden all the items have dword value of 4 showing.

14. auggief

Oh boy spoke too soon. I downloaded and installed update to Spysubtract, then went back into regedit and now the dword valus is no longer there.

15. auggief

Now dword value of 4 showing again. Thanks for your help. I think I am OK BYE

16. dog

dog Guest

OK ... glad I could help & that it seems to be resolved.

If you run a scan with spysubtract and it finds those enteries, do not have it fix them. As you will end up running in circles ... with it deleting the value, and then using SB 3.2 to rewrite them. If it is possible I would suggest adding those findings to Spysubtracts ignore list, if there is one. (I'm unsure, as I have never tried the program) ... Then as time passes ... remove them from the ignore list ... and see if this issue has been resolved. To speed up this process, you could write a brief email to their support staff, alerting them to the problem.

Warm Regards,

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.