SpywareBlaster and MYIE2 browser

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Safe, Dec 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Safe

Safe Registered Member

Hello everyone. I am a newcomer. Is there anyone using SpywareBlaster with MYIE2 browser? MYIE2 browser is freeware, uses the IE engine, supports tabbed browsing together with many nice features. I installed SpywareBlaster, but still some sites manage to block the browser with dialog boxes. I wish to know if anyone else has similar problems and what needs to be done. Thanks.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Safe,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

Could you describe the dialog boxes that are pestering you?
    I mean are they IE windows or more like Windows messages.
    And if they are IE windows can you determine the URL where they are coming from?

Regards,

Pieter

3. Safe

Safe Registered Member

Hi Pieter. Messages have IE heading at the top and ask for confirmation. Whether you say OK or Cancel or close the window the result is the same the browser gets blocked. I could not determine the URLs.

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Safe,

In that case, could you please follow the instructions in this post:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

Let's see if we can find the culprit.

Regards,

Pieter

5. Safe

Safe Registered Member

Hello Pieter. Sorry for taking so long in replying, but I am busy with other software problems, that have nothing to do with security. As to the problem, I have already Adaware and Spybot installed and I run them regularly. They do not find any problems. In the meantime I think I have gone around the browser hi-jacking problem. It has close relationship with tabbed browsing and popup killing method used. If I use the MS-IE6 itself with popup stopper from Panicware the problem does not show up. I shall investigate further in the future and report back so that others may profit from it. Regards and thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.