Spywareblaster and Firefox Problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Dillodog, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dillodog

Dillodog Guest

Using Spywareblaster 3.2. I just downloaded latest database today.
    I am using Firefox 1.0

I noticed today (11-29-2004) that if I enable protection for Firefox it shows as enabled in spywareblaster. If I close Spywareblaster and open Firefox and then open spywareblaster again it says 209 items in Firefox have protection disabled. This keeps happening again and again. each time I open Firefox it or something disables protection.
    Has anyone else seen this problem?

2. richrf

richrf Registered Member

It is working fine on my system. You should be able to view the disabled sites in your cookie manager. If not, they are being blocked for some reason by FireFox. What are your current cookie settings?

Rich

3. dillodog

dillodog Guest

My cookie settings are to ask me everytime a site wants to set a cookie.

I have noticed the protection for Firefox goes away each time I close Spywareblaster wheather I've opened Firefox or not.
    I enable the protection, Spywareblaster says the protection is enabled.
    When I open Spywareblaster again it says 209 items have protection disabled.

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Strange problem. I went back and looked at my Spyblaster and everything was disabled. The I re-enabled an try as I might I couldn't re-create the problem. I will check over the next couple of days and if it re-appears I will see if I can figure out why. Other than that I am at lost. On my system the problem exists but it is very intermittent.

Rich

5. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Hi - all is cool with spywareblaster - everything is as it should be. Perhaps when u downloaded updates u forgot to enable them. I am running FFox 1.0.

6. richrf

richrf Registered Member

I thought is was fine on my system until I re-looked and I saw that the protection was disabled. There was no way I could have disabled it. Somehow they were disabled and I had to re-enable it. If I can re-create the problem I will report it. But something is definitely amiss. But it is intermittent.

Rich

7. dillodog

dillodog Guest

Thanks for the reply Richrf.
    On my system it doesn't seem to be intermittent. It is a constant thing. Anyway if you find anything please post. I'm unsure wheather it started with the last update or not. I never seemed to have this problem before now who knows. At least the IE protection is enabled. I use both browsers.

8. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

I'll let you know if the problem re-appears and I am able to isolate the problem. So far, everything is still enabled.

Cya,
    Rich

9. dillodog

dillodog Guest

Thanks for all the replys. I'm thinking this is a Firefox problem today when I see I can't change any cookie settings in Firefox. When I get time I will re-install and see if it fixes the problem.
    Thanks

10. Barr_y

Barr_y Registered Member

That funny I should read this posting, I have just posted exactly the same in this forum about items being unchecked intermittently in I/E. As previously stated I don't allow any cookies on my computer apart from session cookies and where I need them. Perhaps it is a problem that the writers need to look at, as it could cause a security breach in our computers, especially as no one seems to know why this is happening.

11. agburns

agburns Guest

I have the same problem with Firefox and Spywareblaster. I can check enable all proctection. Exit the program and immediately open the spywareblaster program and the 209 entries will be unchecked. I have repeated this 4 times and it is very consistent.

12. VacuumDog

VacuumDog Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.