Spywareblaster and AntiVir Guard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by cdodge, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdodge

cdodge Registered Member

Hi... I have had SpywareBlaster enabling protection on my Windows XP for some time now. I have also used AntiVir as a virus scanner for a while. I just updated my AntiVir and have thought about also activating AntiVir's Guard service so it is always up and running and protecting. Is anyone else also running the AntiVir Guard component and maintaining Spywareblaster at the same time conflict free? I know sometimes Virus programs can conflict with oneanother. Thanks.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Spywareblaster does not run actively and as such it won't conflict with Antivir or at least I have never heard of it conflicting with an av.

3. cdodge

cdodge Registered Member

Thanks... It reassures me. I believe I did have a conflict (massive slowdown of Operating System) when I installed AntiVir, and I assumed it was with SpywareBlaster, but now think it to be with AVG Resident Shield. I have deactivated the AVG Shield, and am going to give AntiVir a tryout at startup. I know it seems like I'm paranoid with all these antiviral programs, but I believe in variety if my computer handles it ok. I've been wormed and trojanized to death before.

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Now you don't want to ever run two resident av programs at the same time it can cause massive slow down and possible system crash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.