SpywareBlaster and Ad-aware Plus

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Lewis, Nov 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewis

Lewis Guest

Will be a new user to AD-aware Plus and/or SpyBlaster. Can the two programs run togeather and is SpyBlaster necessary when using the Plus versoin of AD-aware? Another question would SpyBlaster and SpyGuard eliminate the need for the Plus (adwatch) version?
    Thanks for your help

Lewis

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Howdy there and welcome to Wilders :D

Ok, I'm a moderator but no expert; keep that in mind.

Firstly, the last version of Ad-Aware that I used had a different purpose than SpywareBlaster. The Ad-Aware I am familiar with cleans spyware from your system, but does not prevent it from being installed. SpywareBlaster does the opposite; it does not clean but it does prevent a lot of garbage from being installed.

I will leave the adwatch part of your question to someone else; I am not familiar with that application, and have't used spyguard either.

Now, as far as "getting along" goes; there really is no reason for SpywareBlaster to "not get along" with anything, since it actually is not an application that runs in the background to do its work. SpywareBlaster is only run to update.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Yes, both programs can certainly run together, as Detox said. :)

SpywareBlaster still adds a great layer of protection when you use the Plus version of Ad-Aware, and is still just as useful. (Plus it's free and doesn't have to constantly run in the background, so I don't think you can go wrong. ;))

And SpywareGuard should also be able to run alongside Ad-Aware Plus (and the Ad-Watch component) without any problems.

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I use both Ad-aware plus and Spyware blaster.

They both get along and do a great job!

I also use Spywareguard. Javacool products are fantastic.

Snowbound

5. Lewis

Lewis Guest

Thanks for your quick response and information. I see some real pros here. Javacool's software is looking good, worth a donation.

Thanks

Lewis

6. Cecilio

Cecilio Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.