Spywareblaster after SP2 Upgrade

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by polak, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polak

polak Registered Member

Upgraded my system from XP SP1 to XP SP2 on two computers.

On the one computer, after updating to SP2 and installing all recommended Microsoft critical updates for SP2, Spywareblaster started experiencing malfunctions.When I double click on the Spywareblaster icon to call up the program a window pops up indicating that Windows Installer is preparing to install.

A second issue that came up on the same computer is that Sun Java, despite having the most recent version installed showed an icon in the system tray indicating that Sun Java was downloading updates. I managed to resolve the Sun Java issue by shutting down the option within the program to check for updates.

I have been reluctant to uninstall and reinstall Spywareblaster because I understand that all the protections within Spywareblaster should first be disabled before uninstalling Spywareblaster.

On the second computer there were no adverse issues to Spywareblaster or Sun Java created after installing SP2.

Any thoughts or recommendations appreciated.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. polak

polak Registered Member

Snowbound,

Thank you for your response. I'll work my way through the earlier threads you posted.

4. polak

polak Registered Member

Snowbound,

As the Office 2003 program in the computer that was creating malfunctions in Spywareblaster was not being used to any significant degree, I uninstalled the Office 2003.

After uninstalling Office, Spywareblaster functioned normally again.

Thank you for the help.

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

You're quite welcome. :)

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.