SpywareBlaster 4.3 stopped detecting Firefox

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by goyta, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goyta

goyta Registered Member

Today I ran SpywareBlaster 4.3 Free as I do periodically, and it said that Mozilla Firefox (the latest release as of today, 3.6.3) was "not detected". So, I can't update protection for it (and don't know if old protection from previous runs is still active for at least partial protection).

This is the first time this happens: SpywareBlaster has always detected Firefox OK and enabled protection for it. IE was still correctly updated and protected. (And I would still like it to support Chrome in a future version.)

In an attempt to solve the problem, I thoroughly uninstalled Spyware Blaster using Revo Uninstaller Professional, reinstalled it and updated it again. It still doesn't recognize Firefox, but it is here - I'm typing this from Firefox. This is worrisome, because Firefox is my default and most often used browser, therefore the most exposed one.

I run Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit) on an PC with an AMD Athlon 64 3800+ processor, 2 GB RAM and hundreds of gigabytes of free hard disk space. The only unusual feature is that the Firefox profile is in a folder that is shared between accounts in another disk partition, but this has never been a problem before. Spyware Blaster was run from an account with administrative privileges.

Any hints on how I could fix this problem? Thanks!

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

maybe reinstall Firefox on top, hopefully that will put back the reference so that SB detects it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.