SpywareBlaster 4.3 stopped detecting Firefox

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by goyta, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goyta

goyta Registered Member

Today I ran SpywareBlaster 4.3 Free as I do periodically, and it said that Mozilla Firefox (the latest release as of today, 3.6.3) was "not detected". So, I can't update protection for it (and don't know if old protection from previous runs is still active for at least partial protection).

This is the first time this happens: SpywareBlaster has always detected Firefox OK and enabled protection for it. IE was still correctly updated and protected. (And I would still like it to support Chrome in a future version.)

In an attempt to solve the problem, I thoroughly uninstalled Spyware Blaster using Revo Uninstaller Professional, reinstalled it and updated it again. It still doesn't recognize Firefox, but it is here - I'm typing this from Firefox. This is worrisome, because Firefox is my default and most often used browser, therefore the most exposed one.

I run Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit) on an PC with an AMD Athlon 64 3800+ processor, 2 GB RAM and hundreds of gigabytes of free hard disk space. The only unusual feature is that the Firefox profile is in a folder that is shared between accounts in another disk partition, but this has never been a problem before. Spyware Blaster was run from an account with administrative privileges.

Any hints on how I could fix this problem? Thanks!

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

maybe reinstall Firefox on top, hopefully that will put back the reference so that SB detects it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.