SpywareBlaster 4.2 Installation Problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mismi, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mismi

mismi Registered Member

I tried updating SpywareBlaster 4.1 by disabling all protection, then uninstalling 4.1 then downloading the 4.2 setup file.

Now I`m having problems when trying to run the SpywareBlaster 4.2 setup file.
    I get: spywareblastersetup42.exe is not a valid Win32 application

What do I need to do to correct this?

I`ve never had a problem with SpywareBlaster and definitely do not want to be without it now.

Please help.

Thank you much.

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

You might want to check the size of what you downloaded. It should be 2,943 KB. I get incomplete downloads sometimes for some reason and have similar symptoms.

If the size is off, try downloading again.

3. mismi

mismi Registered Member

Thank you crofttk. That`s what the problem was. The reason I was getting incomplete downloads was because Firefox was unable to download it. The security settings in IE were blocking the .exe downloads. I reset the setting to prompt and I`m back in business with one of my favorite protection programs - SpywareBlaster. :thumb:

Cheers and thanks again.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Glad to hear you're up-and-running again. :)

We've also found that certain "download accelerator"-type programs can cause similar issues, so it's usually best to bypass those as well if you encounter similar errors when downloading the program.

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Glad I could help and that it worked out.:)

6. mismi

mismi Registered Member

Thanks Javacool,

I don`t use any download accelerator type programs or any other performance programs. I rather keep things simple and "safe". (Maybe too safe. I had my security zone settings a little too tight.) That`s one reason I like SpywareBlaster so well. It fills that need perfectly. It`s simple and it works. :)

Cheers, mismi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.