SpywareBlaster 4.2 download problems

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by motdaugrnds, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motdaugrnds

motdaugrnds Registered Member

I absentmindedly posted this onto another's thread. That was rude. I just didn't think until it was already there. Sorry for the intrusion.

I do need help and hope someone can give me some guidance.

I, too, am having problems getting the version 4.2 download. Awhile back I downloaded and installed version 4.1 without having to disable my other protective programs. I run windows XP with all the patches and IE 7.

I have tried every single download site I could find (Geeks and LavaCool) in an effort to get this versuib 4.2 download. Sometimes it starts, then stops, giving me the message it cannot download. Sometimes it starts and gets near half downloaded, then stops and I get that same message.

I have had to "resume" several times (reconnecting to internet, rebooting, etc) in an attempt to get the download completed. At such time I start the download, still have to hit "resume" and then get the message that the file cannot be found.

Fortunately I did not uninstall the version 4.1 I have been using; but I still would like to have the updated version 4.2 version.

Can anyone direct me as to how to get it?

2. tonyseeking

tonyseeking Former Poster

Get it here:

http://www.filehippo.com/

:thumb:

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

4. motdaugrnds

snowbound, that link takes me to this post, which does not answer my question:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wris
    Unable to execute file in the temporary directory.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wris
    I tried reinstalling the older version and get the same error.

Does the user account you are using still have Admin rights or at least rights to write to the %SystemRoot%\TEMP folder ?

-Bubba
    ===================

tonyseeking, I appreciate your trying to help me with that hyperlink; however, I make it a practice never to go to sites I am not familiar with.
    ============

What I am needing is a guide from someone who knows what I need to do to get that update. Thank you.

5. motdaugrnds

I thought it courteous to let you all know I fixed the problem.

It was DAP that was causing it; so I disabled it long enough to get the SpywareBlaster 4.2 downloaded. All is working well now.

6. tonyseeking

tonyseeking Former Poster

http://www.filehippo.com/ is a well known website and you should add it to your "familar" website listing :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.