SpywareBlaster 4.0 and Seamonkey

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by davstar, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davstar

davstar Registered Member

Hi,
    I installed SpywareBlaster 4.0 this morning and all went well except that I see that the protection for SeaMonkey is enabled even though Seamonkey is not installed on my PC o_O
    Regards,
    Dave

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

This is probably because at some point in the past you either had Seamonkey installed, or its previous incarnation - the Mozilla Browser Suite.

If you aren't using either program, you can clean up the profile(s) they left behind (which is what SpywareBlaster is detecting and protecting) by browsing to the following path:

Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Mozilla

Windows Vista:
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla

(You may have to enter the path manually in the address bar in Windows Explorer. The Application Data/AppData folder is typically hidden from view.)

In this folder you will likely find a file named "registry.dat". Simply rename it (ex. to "registry.bak.dat"), and SpywareBlaster will no longer detect Seamonkey.

If you want to remove the profiles that are left-over, you can delete the "Profiles" subfolder. (Note: This will remove any bookmarks, history, cookies, etc. that were left from whenever you installed/used the Mozilla Suite or Seamonkey.)

(If you see a "Firefox" subfolder, do *not* delete it unless you wish to delete your Mozilla Firefox profiles.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. davstar

davstar Registered Member

Hi Javacool,
    You were right, I remember trying Seamonkey a long time ago. This business of applications leaving traces behind after uninstallation can be a real pain. I followed your instructions and all is now well :D
    Many thanks and regards,
    Dave

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.