Spywareblaster 3.5.1 changes IE7 zone security settings

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by JP_BR, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JP_BR

JP_BR Registered Member

I have searched the forum, the KB and the FAQ, but couldn't find the same problem reported.

I have spywareblaster 3.5.1 installed in 3 different machines, all running XP SP2 with IE 7 and in all machines when opening spywareblaster the zone security settings of IE are not the default anymore.

On the same machines, i also have spybot and the same doesn't happen, eventhough both softwares update IE restricted zone site list.

Any thoughts ? Is this a know problem ?

JP

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

While the IE Restricted Sites Zone will show a "custom" level of protection, SpywareBlaster actually further tightens its security from the default. (i.e. It's actually more secure than its default level of "High").

So it's not a problem at all - your browser is actually more secure than the default. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. JP_BR

JP_BR Registered Member

Thanks for the prompt reply and the clarification.

What feels strange to me is that after Spywareblaster changes this security settings, setting them as my default zone security settings doesn't solve this.

Meaning, if i redefine as IE default, the spywareblaster setting, everytime i start spyware this "not default status", happens anyway.

Is this the expected behaviour ? Why ?

JP

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  4. JP_BR

JP_BR Registered Member

I've installed SB 4.0 and this behaviour continues. Still would like to understant why.

JP

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I believe you're referring to the IE Security Zone option called "Default level"?

If this is the case, that option doesn't redefine your current settings as the new default - rather, it resets your settings to the built-in IE default level.

Best regards,

-Javacool

6. JP_BR

JP_BR Registered Member

;)

Thanks for clearing that up !

JP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.