Spywareblaster 3.4 won't enable IE protection for 187 items

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jillyfish, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jillyfish

jillyfish Registered Member

I am having problems with the new Spywareblaster 3.4 It will not protect against all items for Internet Explorer, other users apparently are having the same problem.

I have 'enable all protection' for Internet Explorer, yet Spywareblaster says '187 items have protection disabled'. I have manual check marked each unprotected item but when I click to enable protection for checked items the check mark disappears and the items remain disabled.

I have tried reading the help at Javacool software knowledge base and reading advice on this forum. So far nothing has helped to remedy the situation. I have removed Spywareblaster 3.4 and searched for related Spywareblaster files and removed them>restarted the computer>disabled Norton Antivirus and my web accelerator and downloaded again. I still have the same problem.

When I tried to open sbdatabase2.dtb file I get a Windows message that says that sbdatabase2.dtb opens with adobe acrobat, should the file be a adobe acrobat read file? The Window message says:

"Acrobat could not open sbdatabase2.dtb because it is either not a supported file type or has become corrupted (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)"

My system and status at time of download of Spywareblaster 3.4

Windows ME
    Internet Explorer 6
    Norton Anitvirus 2003 (disabled for the download)
    Ad-Aware SE (not sure how to disable, so assumed it was running)
    No firewalls
    No other security programs

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

In regards to the Internet Explorer protection....are those unchecked items part of Spywareblasters ActiveX or Cookie protection ?

Also....have you listed all of your installed Security\Privacy software....in particular any cookie protection software(Cookie Pal ?)

3. jillyfish

jillyfish Registered Member

The 187 items that are unproctected are all Cookies, the active-x all have check marks and are protected.

I don't have 'Cookie Pal' or anyother spyware programs. Only Norton antivirus 2003, Ad-Aware SE and Spywareblaster.....I just tried agian to download a fresh copy from another mirror but still have the same problem. Is there a setting change I might need to make in Internet Explorer properties so the download can be made (that is assume I am not getting a complete uncorrupted download, which may or may not be the problem)

Thanks Jillyfish

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Removed a reply that advised the use of a registry cleaner as it is highly unlikely that that advice would be helpful to the situation.

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Certain ISP software has built-in anti-spyware features that can cause conflicts with some standalone products like SpywareBlaster and Spybot S&D, among others. I believe Earthlink has a package set of features, and AOL, as well.

If you have an ISP protection package like those and other companies provide, they might be causing these items to stay unprotected.

6. Problems

Problems Guest

Guys I have 0 items have protection on all of them (IE, Mozilla and Protected sites) , and ZA pro's anti spyware program that comes w/ it Version: 4096 and dat version 01.200509.131 (currently it says 3 spys treated I'll get the names if necessary)

though I have reinstalled the program 3 times, I have yet to find the reason. I have enabled all protection 3 times, and still nothing, I have also tried repeatedly to check and recheck them individually to no avail. I have 4349 items in database (9/2/05 dat for 3.4 spywareblaster) tried updating the dat more then once and still nothing after that initial 9/2 update.

Any word on how its getting disabled?

getting flash killer would be nice, its checked ... but i still get "flashed" by unwanted Commercials.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.