SpywareBlaster 3.3 error 75 in limited users

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Ex_Brit, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ex_Brit

Ex_Brit Registered Member

SpywareBlaster 3.3 update error in limited users

I subscribe to auto-updates and SB works fine in my Admin account but when my limited users sign on a pop-up appears "Error downloading file - can't write file to disk - error 75: Path/File access error". It keeps appearing at intervals with a loud "bong" which drives them batty, naturally.
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling SB, no joy. This means I have to disable a service I paid for - autoupdate. There has to be a fix! I can't use manual update either in limited users.
    When I first got this error I couldn't figure out which process was causing this until the slide-in appeared that usually says SB has updated latest info but in limited users accounts says it can't establish a connection (or words to that effect.) Their connection is fine. I have high-speed always on cable FYI.
    Would the answer be to remove it from the other users' Start menu?
    The solution for another type of error described here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=71396 seemed to have solved it, but it shouldn't have to be "worked around" in that way.
    Any ideas anyone? o_O

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the information - we're working on a duplicating this issue and including a fix (assuming we can indeed reproduce it here) in the next version of SpywareBlaster.

In regard to a proper work-around now, what version of Windows do you have? Windows XP Home or Pro? Windows 2000?

Thanks,

-Javacool

3. Ex_Brit

Ex_Brit Registered Member

Thanks for the info. It's in my sig - XP Home SP2.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  4. Cathena711

Cathena711 Guest

Ok, I know this is an old thread, and now it is SpywareBlaster 3.4, but I am still getting 'Error 75', and working on a (networked) company computer, so I can't go in under an administrator account on the computer and use the fixes as mentioned in previous threads. Any new ideas/suggestions for me? (I am trying to get manual updates for the program on windows xp professional, with service pack2). Any help would be appreciated (and if I should be posting somewhere else, please let me know!!) FYI-I searched the forums and this was the most recent post RE: error 75.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.