Spywareblaster 3.2 stops links and form submissions in Mozilla 1.7.2

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by DDCchik, Jul 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DDCchik

DDCchik Registered Member

After upgrading to Mozilla 1.7.2 and Firefox 0.9.2 I found I couldn't use these sites any more:
    http://www.geocities.com/ogidnic/oforums/std.html
    http://home.iprimus.com.au/cognidi/forums/stsd.html

I found from the Mozilla release "known issues" that I could change the Mozilla/Firefox configuration to allow me to use the multiforum sites by making a small change to the configuration settings.

To work correctly, this site format needs to be able to load links from frames into frames from other sites and permit form submission. I am aware of the reasoning behind preventing this action and don't dispute its security value. But being able to use this site is important for me. The forums - there are several with thousands of regulars - have a unique design on their site of origin (http://www2b.abc.net.au/science/k2/stn/ which I don't use because of the newsticker which upsets some other software I use). Most of the regulars use one of the multiforum sites but most of them also use internet explorer.

I upgraded Spywareblaster to version 3.2 today and now can't use the multiforum sites again. It would appear Spywareblaster has prevented "one site targeting links and form submissions into a frameset created by another site" as well and there doesn't seem to any option I can change that would permit me to use those sites the way they are designed to operate. Disabling all protection does not restore this function in Mozilla.

I would prefer to be able to keep using both Mozilla and Spywareblaster. But I won't be able to keep Spywareblaster if I can't solve this problem. Internet Explorer is not affected and still allows the sites to work properly ? Surely a bigger problem in Internet Explorer than Mozilla.

Windows XP SP1 fully patched.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

SpywareBlaster does not mess with such settings - it only adds sites to your cookie blocking list in Mozilla/Firefox.

So I doubt SpywareBlaster is the issue here (although I'm not sure why the behavior suddenly reappeared).

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. DDCchik

DDCchik Registered Member

Thanks for the response Javacool - that is what I thought so I found it a bit strange. Uninstalling Spywareblaster stopped the behaviour and Mozilla went back to my specific configuration.

Removing protection from Mozilla Netscape had no effect. It was only fixed by removing Spywareblaster altogether :'(

I'd really like Spywareblaster back if it's possible specially for the few times I use IE.

The configuration change in Mozilla is boolean:

docshell.frameloadcheck.disabled = true

if that is any help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.