SpywareBlaster 3.2 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Jul 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ian-Kun X

Ian-Kun X Guest

I'm also running Mozilla, and after installing the new version, it doesn't recognize it... :-/ Which is bad, because protecting IE doesn't do that much when I never use IE in the first place... :-/

2. Gero

Gero Guest

Hi,

I donloaded and installed w/o errors.

When I double-click on the icon to start SB nothing happens. No error messages, no program that opens up.

What am I doing wrong

Thanks
    Gero

WinXP SP2

3. twobigdog

twobigdog Registered Member

I have the same problem only with Netscape 7.2
    I did not find "registry.dat".
    If I do find it, or if there is naother file causing the problem.
    What is the fix, other than switching browsers?
    Thanks.

4. twobigdog

twobigdog Registered Member

I (finally) found "registry.dat".
    What is the cure?

5. Mel

Mel Registered Member

Hello, all.....

Just dl'd SpywareBlaster today....manual update mode. Installed to Desktop, so I can easily see to remind to update.

I opened SpywareBlaster a couple of times, each time finding a green loading line opening something ( o_O )

What is this?

My understanding of SpywareBlaster was that once installed, it just attached itself to files and prevented spyware, etc, from getting in. It just sits there, and doesn't need to be turned on and off, right? And I update it now and then to stay current? Is that correct? If it is, what is loading when I open SpywareBlaster?

I run XP Home, just finished installing SP 2 (with some extra effort needed), then SpywareBlaster. I have not experienced any problems so far (one day), I just need to be sure that I'm handling SpywareBlaster correctly.

Thank you.

Mel

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Every time you open SpywareBlaster, you will see that "loading" line progress from left to right as SpywareBlaster checks the settings on the system against those in its database. So, what you're seeing is normal.

The protections SpywareBlaster provides are set within the Windows registry, so the only way SpywareBlaster knows if its protections are set or not is to compare what's in its database against what's in the registry, which is done every time you open the program.

So, it sounds like it's all working fine.

7. Mel

Mel Registered Member

Thank you, LowWaterMark. Yes, from what I saw, SpywareBlaster did appear to be installed right and running fine. From what you advised, I should open up the program regularly, both to keep it current with my settings, and to check for and dl updates?

I read the FAQs, etc, but not the stickies in the forum. Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions because I'm lazy and uninformed. :doubt:

I observe that you are a kind person, LowWaterMark. I am not entirely a noob, so if you want to refer me to some documentation (ie, stickies), do so.

Thanks, again.

Mel

8. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi Mel. :D

There's some good info here,

http://www.javacoolsoftware.info/kb/

Hope it helps.

EDIT- I reread your post and u said u looked at the FAQ. The answers to your questions are there.;)

snowbound

9. Mel

Mel Registered Member

1000 pardons, effendi! :'( Well, I read some FAQs somewhere. :oops:

Thanks for the guidance, mate!

edit: Oh, MY VERY BAD! All right there! I'm so ashamed, but don't worry, I pretty much live in shame all the time. :D

Many thanks for your help, kind patience, and for the neat proggy.

Mel

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  10. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

11. aleigha

aleigha Guest

hey guys...just found this site..its great. anyway i downloaded spyware blaster 3.2...but have no idea how its supposed to work. is it like adaware where i get it to scan the computer or what. some input would be greatly appreciated!!! thanks a bundle!

12. snowbound

Hi aliegha. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

SpywareBlaster is not a running process. Just enable all protection, then check for updates every week or so.

Lots of info here,

http://www.javacoolsoftware.info/kb/

Hope this helps.

snowbound

13. Aleigha

Aleigha Guest

thanks so much snowbound!! that really helps! :)

14. When I click on the "Download SpywareBlaster 3.2 " link on http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

(i.e. when I try to open http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html),

all I get is this:

‹ÍYmsâFþ¼üŠY¥âÝM Æ`[Ø·Iùî|kçR÷q1¶ÐÈ3#0Iö¿_ÏŒ^‰°a½¹:Se£‘ºûé÷nyøvúÏÉÝn.ѧ»¿_£›_~¼þi‚¬¦ãüÚ™8Îônjntí–‹î8Ž•”E8tœËX k!e|æ8ëõÚ^wlÆç˰넌 bûÒ·Æ¡:Röá¤2$ãÛx³Æœüb! GS¶ŽB†ý¡cn7†K"1Ršä1¡«‘5a‘$‘lÞmbb!Ï\,Iž¤zŽ¼æ‚ȬÙïŸ š®’.ä&$HUú°'„:Ûl6ì%‰óÀïsàØô7r†ÜVütŽôÁ/i¸9Cÿ&ÜÇ>Fœâð}"áŠHêÁ‰Ã4át~þ¥Ä±~o¼™aï!à,‰ü¦ÇBÆÏÐwWmõ9o¼ù þ)QŠÒ” ‚qŸð¦d1ÅOH°úè»AW}Šûœ ùì3&%[>ûHHæ;xÄØ÷iœ¡Žõ¥µ!ÎB=(;(Ã7}â1ŽU¡ˆEÈ2£´ôO‰pE!؈ÿU´ ¶‚ª£?˜Êäí«Îå``ÈSì‹zÒžœNûÒp×P†¼Ì`I„ÀùJƒÚ¯¶¹!? |Á!U^Q霩äÅ^°åAi1ÐY‘ÛèrÚž^i1Pn°ÄF¨’'’éºäˆ´ |³¼¬fDšA•äq§îÕô¼¶JLû—WW·Xâ0ô±$ÊB•:ÕŸ|8®¸ñܶI_;bÄ–$Äm›A ä±™éèö—ZÿѦhˆÉŒ"ËcñeY¥àTÆNfªO)â²]¥CÆ«ÓR¥“½Ä4ª{¾—751…wÆB¿ŽÅŒùt‰y@#SÆ[©ŠÄÈ][vSM!0Áb ½Õо4šMh{Ž•q£Çi,Qˆ£ üY?ã¾Õ‡Ð çv„—p®”´€òvòù§›;ÅôòÆPW-Ï úÖÔ—‹‘å¶Zß[È„ûÈjA«&a˜&C~-bìå×0èÍ,8ŽO ¡¡ä !õÍ}ºB8¤A4²t#³ÆCº àÞÈ 8µktnUa,´õGVû(à¿Ÿà( ð[a*9âpƧÓû¾ŒôÞö}XÅíAÑmw¬]…K¯«¸ìc‚ö3&HùC¿ÏŸ—ñT§QD8€ÁåC@ÊÉ|dQÈÇ'[MtÖø[’¡ƒëÍⶫVñ`ÔlÁ1QÆY#Åÿ€À‡ã-Tøõ»µ ë$Ô9óOŠûMziðï”궾*nk5.ªjhV(ÕÆO'òLlB}.þR}¶žž¾Î-"‰cÆeªÆ*¹ú;åô•¡¥¶ìe:LÌÕK:t¾*'']k|ÍD|¾£~Ô¼w_UPKlžqXÛ)Çm÷ŠÎ” XÖØdÈ0g|œ% Tlš[¶.fk{ýíØí|F™+f)¬TÄ,««êg²P 6’ ‚"Œ„DYÂ"50Ù¶óqb ;¥}ÖG'/Ù*ãQ…V*ôN‰[˜°±•U$gQP‰u½Bä)k¬33ÖñYÃo–¿UÃQæœud£›`0 $‹ j"Ó„I†æ cqÄŽ<œòV¥²QŠ%y*‘Sh˜GVáû²W‹AÙ¿É¢ÁðÜFCŽbÂ…z›‚pä#½›·+ÐÙ90”F{%²!O× c³{ÞÌDw¶bÔ¿†>ÊÖ6‹Iôþ˜e’ƒL£¦]S×ß#usèoƉÝVë8uaÇ==F!3ÈF;Fª*Í0×ß…Ä2ê«d,ÌO=ÎBu%F"Ž'ýMYî¾ûðÁÿºÀ©u'è1ê4ßh{(ˆJ÷ÈT¶" J~1‡™ÓÊ)²Ó+YX˜”±¹Îœ9àdk yîdºŠ³*o"y¶Ç–NƤÝ?¤ÑzÈó"±k’~ÎÙUù ÷¿Ü^è˜`:bsHtÄþpÃ)ì ›‚íuúÀeÈÛXÕKº F[ãt`oö[ívÓm¹ƒ^¯sªUøc.GýAàA]»ùPr{ôh–Àví«dY¸öï.wmy¼FáxN¡žhEV;Žíx¤þÈmô#<:uÝžÛ싯´€y…ØpúøŸ¢RV†D[ÌŠ‘*µÆ§Ä֙Ǔ§ÙÌ£©ÂàA~:Õªš‡ëA0ª¼S3¥…ª®oí—¡ŸðJe!heb)>¢[bz[®^vŽS¼Wœ<&0Ò„t!ˆþ•@Ty¢PåÝÏH®ö¾r«lTûL%¥Xm{ [EÙž–›5Z0¡ÞqÌ6õ*w&„ôêùšÌ”7Ê aq£¼zµ½¾5®%÷èƒj*ì{À@öÊ¡ð¥©ýÕûýÿý ‰,äÌ$õæsªTú…¬•‡ù‹á]P•×sZìȪÑ&f!õ6ù¢¬ÏÐ>ÔMî´‹ÁÎMèš`mÉš°x£ÍÞO> v«Õn¯.ú9*£è–Í¥⮯'6ºCôY=.Ðg"_ßÞ*ŸÇÙõßÌ}ÝÚ§ÌC·Of3¨®Š—ä°€£„šNêeU`*¹f@(‘jNP7¡’Ât)7é¤C¹šÂbâIº‚ég Û§°óWAØ(¾æ[øv@:éÛ>Çü?Oÿü”TáNC

Do I have something misconfigured.

XP Pro; IE 6.0.2800.1106.xsp2.030422-1633
    Connecting over LAN at Lancaster University, UK and JANET, UK.

15. snapdragin

Hi Andrew,

I just tested the links myself, and they are working fine. Which download link are you clicking on? Are you getting a download box at all with the option to save it to your hard drive?

snap

16. It's when I click on the "Download SpywareBlaster 3.2 " link on http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html, which is a link to http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html.

No - it's http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html which is failing to load - just that gobbledygook.

I've now got a copy of v3.2 from someone else, so this isn't desperate now, though I notice further up this thread that someone else had the same problem. The sbdownload.html page is still failing to load (be delivered?) for me, though.

Does http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html open a page with links to download locations, or does it start downloading directly? If the latter, maybe it's something in our firewalls that's corrupting it.

thanks

andrew

17. snapdragin

Hi Andrew, and thank you for getting back to us. That link should open to another page where 5 download links are available to choose from to download SpywareBlaster. Why it isn't loading properly for you, I don't know. :doubt:

The more information we have the better it would be to try and figure out what would be causing it of course, but the other member has not replied back yet, and you are the only other person so far, to report it.

Thank you for getting back to us, and I'm glad to hear you've been able to get a copy of SpywareBlaster. :D

Regards,

snap

18. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Javacool,

I just wanted to tell you that, after having finally upgraded to IE 6 (latest version), SpywareBlaster 3.2 is now working great on my W 98 SE machine (Dutch).

Thanks Javacool !!!!! :D

Warm regards, Jan.

19. turfa

turfa Guest

I notice a nice problem :

If i use spywareblaster 3.2 and enable al protection it happens that other software like Spyware Doctor 2.1.0254 detects spyware inputs on windows xp register :

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\i-lookup.com

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\offshoreclicks.com

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\teensguru.com

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\xxxtoolbar.com

Is it a bug ?

regards

20. snowbound

21. NHscoop

NHscoop Registered Member

I'm having two problems with 3.2. First is with the auto update feature as it generates a error message stating: Error connecting to update server. The server may be unavailable or there is a conflict with firewall software.

I've disabled the firewall software but am still getting the same message. I am using Windows 98 SE, IE 6 and a DSL service.

The second problem occurs when I go to access my email and IE 6 rapidly cycles back and forth between the email URL and the sites home page URL. The only way to stop this problem is to disable Spyware Blaster while I access my email. o_O o_O

22. snowbound

Hi NHscoop. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

There are different options in SpywareBlaster to get updates.

Open your SpywareBlaster interface and go to Updates>Options and choose one of the other methods to download updates.

One your second problem, it would help if we knew what email client u are using.

snowbound

23. NHscoop

My email service is thru Verizon.net and the software I'm using is IE 6.

24. NHscoop

Thanks for the help on the auto update as it worked like a charm. :)

25. snowbound

Your Welcome. :)

On the email issue, let's try and narrow it down.

Open your SpywareBlaster interface, Protection>Internet Explorer, then uncheck the ActiveX,Spyware, Dialers and Prevent Spyware/tracking cookies, one at a time, then try your email with each one unchecked seperately and let us know which option seems to be affecting it.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.