SpywareBlaster 3.2....interface quickly disappears

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by nikko53, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikko53

nikko53 Registered Member

XP Pro - AMD 2100 1gig RAM

I installed SpywareGuard (up & running), then SpywareBlaster.
    It seemed to install ok but when I click on the desktop icon or the All Programs shortcut, the interface appears, it "Loads Protection", the LED moves across, but then closes immediately.

Is this normal? I'm not able to change settings or anything.
    (FYI-I did prior checks with S&D and Ad-Aware and the machine seems to be clean)

Thanks for any help,
    nikko
    jan14'05

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

nikko53

Does a reinstall help?

3. nikko53

Thanks for the quick reply......

Nope, just tried a reinstall - no change.
    The green LED runs across then the window closes.
    In the 2sec or so of time that it's open, I tried to hit one of the buttons on the left (say "Tools") and nothing happens.
    What a drag.....and weird!

Would any other AV or Anti-Spy prog running in the background cause this?

I'd really like to get this to work!

nikko

4. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

There is a problem that can be identified easily with old popup stoppers mistaking application launches for popups...

5. nikko53

I'm using FF as a browser and don't even have it open when I try to use SB3.2.
    I normally have Bitdefender running in the background but tried to launch SB with everything turned off- the interface still disappears.

I've never really used any popup stoppers'

Anything else i can try?

Thanks,
    nikko

6. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi nikko53,

There's a few more things you could try, not sure if they will fix the situation but might help narrow down the problem.

Could you boot your computer into Safe Mode, then try and open SpywareBlaster and see if it still shuts down. If it doesn't, then we know it isn't SpywareBlaster but something else running that would be running in the background when you boot normally.

If SpywareBlaster still shuts down while in safe mode, then you could try again to uninstall it, reboot your computer, delete the SpywareBlaster folder, clear your temp folders, then redownload a fresh copy of SpywareBlaster 3.2 again. Reinstall, then reboot normally, then try opening SpywareBlaster again.

If after that you are still having problems, then have a look through this post:
    SpywareBlaster Troubleshooting and Tips & Tricks for possible solutions.

Virus, or spyware infection is something to consider also. You've mentioned scanning with AdAware and Spybot; make sure they are up-todate and scan with them, along with your antivirus, while in safe mode too. You can also do an on-line virus scan to see if they detect anything your antivirus may have missed. For on-line virus scans, see this link: Free Services

Also, do you have all your Windows Critical updates?

Please let us know if any of the above helps.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.