SpywareBlaster 3.1

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Keith Weisshar, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith Weisshar

Keith Weisshar Registered Member

SpywareBlaster 3.1 doesn't include protection against javascript stealth installs. I still got infected when I visited the xchat.org website. The infection came from a pop-up window that displays Error: please close this window. I got pup.exe, preinstt.dll, and twaintec.dll. It replace the original wmplayer.exe file with the installer to install this trojan. Windows Media Player 9 must be reinstalled in order to work again. I'm running Windows Me. I have all three protection modes enabled. I can't give out the full url because I don't want anyone else to get infected also. The site host downloads for the freeware xchat irc client for linux and windows.

2. drongo

drongo Guest

Try to update java virtual mashine ;) http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/10/18/10-18-20.shtml

3. BlackHawk 1

BlackHawk 1 Registered Member

4. wenfri

wenfri Guest

Re: pup.exe

Can you just delete pup.exe. I've gone through all the hoops as well. Tried different scans. Did AVG and the other day I had Trojan horse dialer. I think I got rid of it. Last week I had Revop.A. A friend of mine got my computer cleaned up but now I have revop.c I can locate a file under programfiles\pup.exe. Can I just delete it? Will it ruin my system. I need it for work?
    I have been working for a week to get rid ot viruses. Now I run AVG, pcillin, house doctor and several other scans. Lost track of how many. They picked up on different ones, never the same one. I now use Adaware,script sentry, spyware blaster, spyware guard, digital patrol scanner. Adaware, spyware blaster and digital patrol scanner all got rid of diiferent things. Still I'm infected.
    Ran a Hijackthis and posted on a different board, no response. Tried spybot search & destroy but it did no good either. I truly don't have time for this. I need a fix or maybe a drink and a bigger hammer
    Heeellllpppp ppplleeeeaase

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Re: pup.exe

wenfri,

Feel free to follow instructions as posted over here to the letter, and post your log file over on that particular forum.

regards.

paul

6. BlackHawk 1

BlackHawk 1 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.