SpywareBlaster 3.1 with AOL: Does it work?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Maven, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maven

Maven Registered Member

Hi all,

I'm using SpywareBlaster on my home system, and I just recommended it highly to my somewhat less technical friend who has AOL for his ISP. From what I read at the IE-SPYADS site, it sounds like the AOL browser is IE with a fancy front end. I'm assuming that SpywareBlaster works with the AOL browser, but when I read the product description on the site AOL wasn't mentioned. Actually, I don't usually mention AOL much myself.

I just want to make sure that I'm giving my friend the proper advice. He wouldn't be comfortable scanning and fixing problems, but I think he would appreciate the kind of protection that SpywareBlaster offers. Can he use it with his AOL browser?

Thanks,
    Maven

Last edited: Jun 2, 2004
  2. Gandalf

Gandalf Registered Member

You don't mention which version of AOL. I can say it works with AOL 7 as I downloaded it onto my daughter's system for her. (she runs Win98SE, IE5.5)
    Gandalf

3. the mul

the mul Registered Member

Yes spywareblaster 3.1 does work with aol, as I am using aol 9 at the moment and all works well with It, and I have not had any problems with aol 9 and any security programme so far.

The Mul

4. Maven

Maven Registered Member

Hi,

I checked with my friend, and he has the AOL 9.0 Optimized version. It sounds like that's a good bet for working with SpywareBlaster, as I suspected. Anybody not agree with that conclusion?

Maven

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.