SpywareBlaster 3.1 will not Autoupdate

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Timbotide, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timbotide

Timbotide Registered Member

I use AOL as my ISP. I purchased the Auto Update feature for SWB 3.1
    but it will not Auto Update. I get a window that tells me to check my settings.
    Any ideas on what I need to do to correct this. Thanks.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Please try opening the SpywareBlaster AutoUpdate Configuration (you should be able to find in the link in your Start Menu under Programs>SpywareBlaster).

Then under the "Connections" tab try selecting "Connect directly to the Internet."

If that option is already checked, please let me know, and try selecting the "Use my connection settings specificed in Internet Options" option.

Let me know if changing that setting doesn't help. It's also possible that something else is interfering. (Can you use the manual "Check for Updates" feature in SpywareBlaster itself?)

Thanks,

-Javacool

3. Shaitan

Shaitan Registered Member

My green indicator bar just fills up, and says "determining if udates are available". Sits for quite a long time, then says "downloading update", but just sits at this message for another long while, nothings loading. And THEN.... another message pops up... eventually " server sent back yadda yadda " could not be updated.

I as well notice the SWB exe loads up, takes from 9 to 12 megs fo memory, but no cpu activity is showing. And if I close SWB, the exe just sits still loaded again no cpu activity.
    I have the exe for SWB and the updater exe both allowed in my ZA fw settings.

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Well that's odd - exactly what message does it say the server sent back?

Thanks,

-Javacool

5. MarkmanXP

MarkmanXP Guest

You mean yadda yadda isn't in your techincal handbook? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.