SpyWareBlaster 3.1 100% CPU

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by madmikeee, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madmikeee

madmikeee Guest

I Installed SWB 3.1 and it is pegging my CPU out at 100%, the only way out is to hard reset my system.

Whassup wit dat!?!?

:)

2. madmikeee

madmikeee Guest

oops almost forgot

fresh install W2K Pro SP4 all updates

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I assume this happens while SpywareBlaster is initially trying to start?

If yes, do you have Netscape installed?

(I'm working on a fix for this for SpywareBlaster 3.2 but any additional information you can provide would be helpful so I can verify if this is something I've fixed.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. Madmikeee

Madmikeee Registered Member

Yes to your question

setup is:

IE 6.0.2800.1106
    SP1
    update Q832894

W2k Professional SP4 all the latest updates
    P4 1500 512 MBRAM
    SpyWareGuard installed but not auto updating *See my other post

THANKS!

Anything else you need please let me know

5. Madmikeee

BTW no netscape ever installed on any of my machines.

Any answers for me??

6. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

How do you know it is spywareblaster eating up 100% of your CPU? If you have to hard reboot my guess is you cannot even launch task manager to check what is using what for resources, because lately I have a similar problem and cannot tell if it is spywareblaster, spybot s&d 1.3rc4 or spyware guard causing the problem, and I have win2k also with everything updated. I believe one of the above mentioned is causing this for sure because my mother just got a new dell that I set up for her win winxp and she daily experiences the same exact thing both you and I are experiencing, and the onlything she has that I have is spywareblaster, spybot, spywareguard and ad-aware.
    Personally I have had everything the same on my machine for a while now and never had a problem until recently and the only changes I have made are spybot s&d 1.3rc4 and KAV 5.0. I am beginning to wonder if it is not spybot because my mother does not have KAV. o_O

7. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

I can now guarantee that spybot s&d 1.3rc4 is the culprit here. I disabled the tea timer and sdhelper and no more lock-ups with 100% of the cpu being used here on my win2k or at my moms house on her winxp.
    I wish a spybot s&d person would read this and fix the problem.

8. javacool

There are known issues with the Spybot S & D RC4 "teatimer", but I believe Patrick is working on fixing those issues as quickly as he can.

If I recall correctly, 100% cpu usage is one of the current issues, but only on some systems.

SpywareBlaster could potentially use up 100% cpu when trying to load and verify the databases if certain files are corrupted in a certain manner - but that should be fixed for version 3.2.

Best regards,

-Javacool

9. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Huh, I have not noticed any problems with spywareblaster.

10. javacool

To clarify: The SpywareBlaster problem will only occur if certain conditions are met, those being Windows 9x/ME with Netscape 7.0 or higher installed. Even then, the problem only occurs on a small percentage of machines that meet those specifications, and the only result is that SpywareBlaster freezes when trying to load (or displays an error message). It will be fixed in SpywareBlaster 3.2.

Best regards,

-Javacool

11. Madmikeee

Javacool, the problem is that NONE of the things you are describing are installed. On top of the fact I am running Windows 2000 Pro.

I hope 3.2 fixes the problem

12. Madmikeee

"How do you know it is spywareblaster eating up 100% of your CPU? If you have to hard reboot my guess is you cannot even launch task manager to check what is using what for resources, "

Slovak, I know this because the Process that I am seeing eating up the CPU is Spywareblast.exe (or something close to that). A 100% condition does not mean you cannot run task mangler, it will make itself run. The problem is that I cannot end the process as the system tells me it is locked. So therefore the ONLY way to get out of the CPU usage is to do a hard reset.

Spybot S&D has nothing to do with my problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.