Spyware

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Riina, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riina

Riina Registered Member

I had something wrong with my computer and took it to a firm so that they fix it. They said that Spywareblaster is a spyware program putting spyware in your computer. It collects information from your computer and sends them "somewhere".
    Is that true?

2. Ga1tar

Ga1tar Registered Member

As someone who has learnt the hard way I have nothing but praise for this program. Suggest you avoid any further dealings with that firm as they obviously don't know what they are talking about

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Very true indeed.

regards.

paul

4. Riina

Riina Registered Member

Actually I agree with the writers above, but I want some hard facts to tell them.
    Riina

5. sig

sig Registered Member

Well....first, the basic SB is not a running program. It sets kill bits in the registry and that's it. It would have to have something on the pc to collect info and send info out of the PC. Although my firewall doesn't doesn't detect anything outbound from it except when I manually update it and give it permission to access the internet, I imagine putting a "sniffer" or some such app to really monitor internet traffic would confirm that it doesn't send info out. The new payware version has an auto update feature, but I don't use it.

Furthermore SB's popularity has been fueled by recommendations by a number of privacy/security experts who are rather knowledgeable on the subject. If SB was spyware, none of these individuals would recommend it and instead would warn people off it. Also, Wilders wouldn't host the support forum here or Javacool's site if the product was associated with spyware.

Perhaps you should ask the people who fixed your to provide some hard facts to support their contention that SB is spyware. How do they know that, where's their proof? Have they put a sniffer on their connection and monitored the traffic? Did they hear/see something about some other app and confuse it with SB? Or are they just tossing out "facts" they only think they know when in truth they don't know what they're talking about? If they make such an assertion they should be able to tell you how they arrived at it and provide proof.

6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Betcha the cupcakes saw "SpywareBlaster" and had no idea what it was and therefore assumed it was "SpyBlaster" which is poo-ware... Well OK I won't bet but I reckon that's feasible.

7. Riina

Riina Registered Member

Hello,
    Thank you very much for your answer, sig, and also the other answerers. I already had some answers in a Finnish forum, and this sure confirms that SpywareBlaster is no spyware.

I'll send them the link of this site.

Good night or good day where ever you are

Riina

8. steveUK

steveUK Guest

Also, they dont want people to use SpywareBlaster etc as they'd have fewer PC's to repair....lol

9. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

That firm better think twice before they say anything about spywareblaster. Since they say Spywareblaster is spyware, then where is their evidence? If they don't have anything to prove it, then that firm had better KEEP ITS BLOODY MOUTH SHUT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.