Spyware

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by roban, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roban

roban Registered Member

I run the latest version and notice that in order to keep my computer spy ware free I have to run additional software. Eset does not seem to include adequate spy ware protection although it includes it under Antivirus. I used to use AVG 8 and never had an issue but in order to find spy ware using Eset I have to run a full computer scan. Not good.

2. the_sly_dog

the_sly_dog Registered Member

Hello roban

Eset does provide good spyware protection " Could be better", Maybe if you are having multiple infections of spyware maybe the problem isn`t eset but your surfing habbits, Please dont take that the wrong way !
    Maybe switch browser firefox,opera ,Hosts file,
    No av company EG: kaspersky,eset, norton, can provide 100% detection Against spyware,malware and whatever else is out there.

Regards

neil

3. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hello, mistake is, when people compare product, which e.g. checks Registry with EAV/ESS, which scans only files, but when it detects malware, file's Registry values/keys are deleted, too. And, don't worry about cookies...

4. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I sun it with Superspyware Pro & get good results, all security IMO needs to be augmented with a antispyware agent of some kind...

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If you come across spyware which is not being detected by ESET Smart Security then please forward it in a .ZIP or .RAR file protected with a password of "infected" to samples@eset.sk for analysis by ESET's virus lab.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.