spyware that got through

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by absag, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absag

absag Registered Member

Have been using Spyware blaster & Spybot S&D for a several mos. This week Microsoft gave out a new antispyware program to XP users. Installed it and it caught a few common spywares that have been in my machine for a month w/o Spyware blaster stopping the entry & w/o Spybot S&D catching them. :eek:
    Here are the names so others can be on the look out &so that the program designers can try to program defense against them.
    1] Warez P2P Adware Bundle
    2] SearchSquire Adware (New Media Properties, LLC)
    3] StartNow Hyrperbar Tools (StartNow international Ltd toolbar([this is a "IE search" & IE homepage URL diverter]
    4] New.Net
    best
    absag

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey absag....Welcome to Wilders,

Before I agree with your assesment....would you mind sharing a little more info concerning this spyware that got through....as in what location in the registry or hard drive did Giant\Microsoft Anti-spyware claim it found spyware ? If you could post a screen shot of the findings it sure would be helpful.

3. Ailric

Ailric Guest

Squiresearch is most likely a false positive caused by immunizing with Spybot S&D.

4. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Yep....definitely. I found that one.

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Or IE-Spyad....if that program is being used....but SpywareBlaster does not have SearchSquire in it's database. Also....MS antispyware definetly gives a False positive concerning SearchSquire due to an entry from IE-Spyad.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.