spyware that got through

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by absag, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absag

absag Registered Member

Have been using Spyware blaster & Spybot S&D for a several mos. This week Microsoft gave out a new antispyware program to XP users. Installed it and it caught a few common spywares that have been in my machine for a month w/o Spyware blaster stopping the entry & w/o Spybot S&D catching them. :eek:
    Here are the names so others can be on the look out &so that the program designers can try to program defense against them.
    1] Warez P2P Adware Bundle
    2] SearchSquire Adware (New Media Properties, LLC)
    3] StartNow Hyrperbar Tools (StartNow international Ltd toolbar([this is a "IE search" & IE homepage URL diverter]
    4] New.Net
    best
    absag

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey absag....Welcome to Wilders,

Before I agree with your assesment....would you mind sharing a little more info concerning this spyware that got through....as in what location in the registry or hard drive did Giant\Microsoft Anti-spyware claim it found spyware ? If you could post a screen shot of the findings it sure would be helpful.

3. Ailric

Ailric Guest

Squiresearch is most likely a false positive caused by immunizing with Spybot S&D.

4. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Yep....definitely. I found that one.

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Or IE-Spyad....if that program is being used....but SpywareBlaster does not have SearchSquire in it's database. Also....MS antispyware definetly gives a False positive concerning SearchSquire due to an entry from IE-Spyad.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.