Spyware Terminator's Real-Time Protection?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Legendkiller, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

I am using Mcafee's Virusscan Enterprise 8.5i and i am thing of adding a real-time anti-spyware software to my arsenal..

But the problem is that i can't buy any paid software and would like you suggest a good free alternative which has "Real-time" protection..

So,plz recommend any other software and plz post comments about ST's prowess.

2. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Very happy with SpywareTerminator. A few minor bugs from time to time. Pretty good forum, frequent updates, new versions, including Betas, and "beta-style" Weekly Builds coming out regularly. Fairly comprehensive range of realtime protection. Haven't been infected since installing. It alerts to all unknown applications attempting to run.

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeah spyware terminator does its job well. For a free product theres nothing much better. It even has built in hips which adds another layer of protection. If you would prefer a more silent type of protection you can try windows defender.

4. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

thnx,have been using it for 4-5 hrs and seems to be good.

5. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo Registered Member

6. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

That's pretty close to how I've got it set up, too. The popups can get annoying when installing new software, but it's from a source I trust I just disable realtime protection when installing it. Depends on the software. Sometimes it's just 4 or 5 popups. If it's something big though, it can be well over a dozen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.