Spyware Terminator

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Pablo87, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pablo87

Pablo87 Registered Member

I have spyware terminator 2012 installed
    And i want to add the antivirus function but for that i need to buy the program
    I see on the product site that i can only pay with creditcard that the issue for me
    Because i dont own a creditcard, do you know if there is a shop where i can pay with paypal or something like that?

Regards!

2. ichito

ichito Registered Member

I think it's not a good idea to buy that AV...it's F-prot which is AV not from the top. You can find it also in Returnil but in this app it meaning is not essential - similar as in ST - and its results on VB100 Tests are not impressive
    -http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/latest_comparative/index
    BTW...F-prot/Frisk was aquired by Commtouch in Aug.2012.
    You should consider another standalone AV especially because there is many free good AV.

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

You can pay for software on downloadcrew.com (http://store.downloadcrew.com/) using Paypal. I don't know if they carry Spyware Terminator 2012, but in any case if you want to buy I would recommend something with a stronger reputation, such as Bitdefender, Kaspersky or Avast.

4. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Remember ST does have HIPS :)

5. david banner

david banner Registered Member

Is ST trustworthy? a while back there were questions about it

6. Victek

Victek Registered Member

A long time ago they were placed on a watch list (I think at spywarewarrior.com) for a short while. You may still be able to read about that episode there. Generally I'd say they've walked to line regarding ads and data collection, but many companies have done that. I used ST for a number of years and never had any problems with it. On the other hand I never found it particularly useful either. At this point there are free apps which are clearly better IMHO, such as MBAM. Unless ST can demonstrate in independent tests that it can compete the MBAM, Hitman Pro, and the other top of the line AV/AS products I don't see much point in using it. YMMV of course :)

7. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

It was once an adware distributor but now a legit anti-malware program.

8. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I'd go with the Bitdefender Internet Security deal for 13 cents. Lots of deals available and many programs have better histories than ST.

9. Pablo87

Pablo87 Registered Member

Yeah y'all right, i have avast installed now with mbam!!
    Thanks buddy'ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.