spyware terminator

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by bamaman66, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamaman66

bamaman66 Registered Member

I have been running spyware terminator with no problems until today. I started getting this"Service is not running. Please reinstall spyware terminator." I cannot reinstall it or uninstall it . I have run an uninstaller and evidently it leaves some files because when I try to reinstall I get the same message.

2. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

one version comes with crawler toolbar which might be the problem you having uninstalling if it missing. anways try a good uninstaller like Total Unimstall http://www.martau.com/

are you logged on as administrator? you need full access to uninstall.

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

Just my wild guess:

When ST is running, there is an related service running as well, which can been located in Service section of Windows. Make sure it is not disabled.

When you uninstall ST, be sure to do it in Safe Mode, or in normal mode--to disable ST shield, service etc before uninstalling it.

As to files or registry leftovers , they are norm to any program after deletion.
    You need to seek help from Window Explorer's search feature--to search ST related files, and Registry Editor--to search any related leftovers.

good luck.

4. bamaman66

Like I said I starting getting the message. I used revoninstaller in the most detailed uninstalling. I then tried to install it and I kept getting the message above. I don't seem to be able to eliminate all the files so that I can install it again.

5. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

From Spyware Terminator forum (I think this can help you):

6. bamaman66

I did a system restore to solve the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.