Spyware Shield = spywareblaster knock off?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by wyrmrider, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyrmrider

wyrmrider Registered Member

Last edited: Sep 8, 2005
  2. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

Spyware shield

Spyware shield has copied spywareblasters idea the way it woks.

and to tople it off it has copied the interface a bit.

Now i am not saying that spyware shiled is crap but why not make it free?

LOads of ppl like me think it's a lot of money to spend on security.

i only pay for antivirus and firewall thats it the rest i get free leagally :D

But i understand u make a program and u would like money out of it but look at firefox, spybot-search & destroy, spywareblaster etc... they are all free.

and i don't think that spyware shield is really good enough to pay?

BTW i think spyware shield is a good app but not to pay i think it doesn't give alot of security to pay for?

3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Re: Spyware shield

It is really personal preference imho. Spywareshield does offer more protection for Active X, restricted zones and also has FF cookie protection just like Spywareblaster.

I only say it offers more protection because it does have more CLSID and restricted zone entries than Spyware blaster. If that is worth paying money for, like I said is up to you. :)

4. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

1.) Spyware Shield is not a “Spyware Blaster Knockoffs/rip-offs”
    2.) Spyware Shield is FAR from being a clone
    3.) Spyware Shield does not contain malicious code-work
    4.) Spyware Shield does not contain Adware/Spywares…
    5.) Spyware Shield customers and NOT, all gets excellent support
    6.) Spyware Shield is constantly being maintained and improved.
    7.) Spyware Shield is legal, and all the programming is my own…

OK chaos16

1) This is an Immunity Software, last I checked there is only one way to set Immunities like for ActiveX, Restricted Sites and so on.
    2) It is far from copying SpywareBlaster idea, but I will admit that SpywareBlaster among many millions of products out there with all sorts of features and layouts, It all expired me.
    3) Spyware Shield is far from being expensive software, I see far less all OVER that is far more expensive and offers NO SECURITY. You expect everything to be handed out as if your royalty or something, well sorry to say, you are not, and I sell Spyware Shield so that I can use the bit of money ALL on keeping things up and running smoothly and speedy. Unlike many others who programming and puts out software, I have zer0 income, meaning purchasing my own server was not possible.
    4) chaos16 at this point, I could care less what you think is good enough or not.
    5) For being Immunity software, is excellent for what it does do.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2005
  5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

There are similarities in each program that cause some to question that. There are also certain items that are an identical replica of Spywareblaster as shown in the pic below. With that fact....it makes some wonder what other items were borrowed :doubt:

Attached Files:

6. Phant0m

Nothing were ripped, nothing were ‘borrowed’, as for similarities, well you’ll see there are lot of similarities in different software, and this doesn’t make it illegal, and being inspired by different software features/layouts isn’t illegal either, and it doesn’t make the software a rogue application.

Spyware Shield is available for trial, so if you want to compare, you know how to go about.

As far as the ‘Internet Explorer Security Alert’ image goes, this is available from different places offered as free downloadable image in image galleries, this even on Microsoft site used in some places.

7. Questions

Questions Guest

So what exactly did you "Address" in order to be removed from the Rogue List? Is it that you finally gave credit where credit was due, and began to follow licence agreements?

Curious

8. Phant0m

I doubt you are handicap to the extent you can’t comprehend what you reading there,
    As for bringing about where crediting is due, it is everywhere except where it is really due, and that is to the users whom E-mails submissions and user that posts with HijackThis logs.

As for crediting, I had credit where it was due, in previous posts in the past, and not once did I mention collection was solely based upon my own research.

9. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

I agree with you on that point Phant0m. BTW, I have a few questions which I will post over at your place. ;)

10. wyrmrider

wyrmrider Registered Member

Phant0m
    Thanks for clearing this up
    Wyrmrider

11. Phant0m

You are certainly welcome,
    And if you (or anyone) have anymore questions/concerns, don’t hesitate to poster them here, or contact.

12. Brandon

Brandon Registered Member

I have the trial of Spyware Shield and I like it, I think I may purchase it ;) Good Work Phant0m :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.