SPYWARE. PLEASE, CAN SOMEONE HELP????

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by sergiobboy, Dec 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sergiobboy

sergiobboy Registered Member

Hello everybody,
    Can someone please tell me why I can getting popups and this message that says: "uoogw.exe is requesting access to the internet?" I am not a computer person, so I'm really looking for any help to tell me what do I need to remove from my PC. I did used hijackthis and this is what I foud:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2004
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hi sergiobboy,

I have removed the HijackThis log from your post as it was not requested by one of our staff members. Please see the below posting policy on HijackThis logs, which also contains a link to other sites that do HijackThis log analysis and cleaning.

Posting policy Announcement

3. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

You may want to download Ad-aware from www.lavasoft.com and look into downloading a program called Spybot Search and Destroy.

Jimbob

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

I'm afraid he is going to have to do rather more than running AdAware and Spybpt S&D, this has all the hallmarks of a randomly generated name placed by one of the nastier types of malware. On no account should it be allowed through the Firewall.

A complete system check-up is required. Blackspear's routine given in the 'General Cleaning Instuctions' is as good a place to start as any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.