Spyware or not?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Oleg, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

I have scaned PC with escan free tool and it shows this. I have ran NOD32 as well no trojans or spyware found.

Mon May 23 15:54:11 2005 => ***** Scanning Registry and File system for Adware/Spyware *****
    Mon May 23 15:55:03 2005 => Entry "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls" refers to invalid object "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\GToolbar\BarControl.dll". Action Taken: No Action Taken.

Mon May 23 15:55:03 2005 => Entry "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls" refers to invalid object "C:\Program Files\Ahead\CoverDesigner\covered-deu.nls". Action Taken: No Action Taken.

Mon May 23 15:55:03 2005 => Entry "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls" refers to invalid object "C:\Program Files\Ahead\CoverDesigner\covered-jpn.nls". Action Taken: No Action Taken.

Mon May 23 15:55:03 2005 => Entry "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls" refers to invalid object "C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero BackItUp\BackItUp-Deu.nls". Action Taken: No Action Taken.

Mon May 23 15:55:03 2005 => Entry "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls" refers to invalid object "C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero StartSmart\NeroStartSmart_deu.chm". Action Taken: No Action Taken.

Mon May 23 15:55:03 2005 => Entry "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls" refers to invalid object "C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero StartSmart\NeroStartSmart_jpn.chm". Action Taken: No Action Taken.

Mon May 23 15:55:03 2005 => Entry "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls" refers to invalid object "C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero BackItUp\BackItUp-Jpn.nls". Action Taken: No Action Taken.

2. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

nothing bad there

all that report is saying is that the registry entry cant find the file where it's supposed to be

that is why I don't use these registry cleaners

My view is ignore the escan report

3. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

I have not used any registry cleaners.

4. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

the escan free cleaner is just reporting registry errors in the same way as several regiastry cleaners do

5. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

O thanks :)
    regcleaners clean stuff they should not have :p

6. secret yam

secret yam Guest

ummm....how do you fix this problem?

7. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

Fix what problem

oleg hasn't got anything wrong as far as I can see

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.