spyware on my computer?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jen, Dec 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jen

jen Guest

does spywareguard v2.2.0 tell me when there is spyware on my computer? if so, how do i then get rid of that spyware? i've had spywareguard for about two months or so, and have never gotten any thing relating to spyware..

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi jen,

SpywareGuard prevents spyware from getting on your system, but it does not tell you if you already had spyware on it. SpywareGuard (and SpywareBlaster for that matter) are preventative programs. They don't scan for or clean spyware off after the fact.

For scanning and cleaning off spyware, a program like Spybot S&D is recommended.

As for SpywareGuard and how it works... If you have it running when you install some program that contains spyware, or if you have its download or browser hijack protection enabled, you'll get alerted when some spyware tries to download or change you browser pages.

3. jen

jen Guest

does spybot then get rid of the spyware on my computer? sorry for so many ?s. but thanks for your previous answers. lol

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, that is Spybot's specialty - scanning for and deleting spyware that has found its way on to your computer. SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard prevent many forms from getting on your system in the first place. When used in combination, most people find that they get much less spyware found by Spybot if they run these preventative programs, too.

Spybot is also a free program so you can easily download and install it, and see if it finds anything on your system. That'll let you know if it is of any value to you or not.

5. jen

jen Guest

thank you so much :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.