Spyware Nuker ... Legit?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by tedd, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tedd

tedd Registered Member

I want to know whether this product ... Spyware Nuker ... is OK to use. I bought it (in an impulsive moment of frustration with About:Blank infection), ran it, and it appeared to help.

However, when I ran Spybot, Spybot detected it as "spyware" and suggested that Spyware Nuker was in fact a source of spyware ... "trekblue" etc... and could take advantage of its access to its subscribers.

Has anyone experienced any difficulty with this product/firm? Should I believe Spybot (I'm inclined to), deinstall the product, and write off my impulse purchase (which on reflection, wasn't a very thoughtful purchase)?

Help will be appreciated. :doubt:

2. Mr. Hrmm

Mr. Hrmm Guest

3. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Its On Yhe List!! Would Not Touch It!!
    http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

4. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

5. tedd

tedd Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback!

I've de-installed the program, including a search for some "files left behind" as suggested by Jerry Campbell (camtech2000)

Shame on Spyware Nuker! Shame on me for the impulsive purchase. Next time I'll tap the experience in these forums FIRST!

thanks again.

6. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

I wonder... If this Spyware Nuker doesn't do its job, and actually installs spyware on your computer, couldn't it be considered an illegal fraud?

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Lesson learned ;)

Trustworthy Anti-Spyware Products

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.