Spyware Guard Question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Ex_Brit, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ex_Brit

Ex_Brit Registered Member

I am experiencing a weird email problem. Some emails coming in from the web such as newsletters (e.g. PC World Daily Downloads etc.) show with all images stripped (usually .gif) and a red X in their place, right clicking does not give me the "show image" option. I use Incredimail Premium and it's set to show all images.
    If I send images to myself however, they show OK.
    Could SG be doing this?
    If I catch these emails at my ISP's webmail before they are popped they appear normally.

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I wouldn't think so, but you could always double click the red "SG" icon in your taskbar, then go "file/exit" to turn SG off, then try viewing these emails. SG can be started again from its installation folder.

3. Ex_Brit

Thanks. It appears not to be the cause. More likely, I think, to be an update I stupidly took on the advice of Microsoft's Baseline Security Advisor. I'll investigate further.

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

If you still cannot resolve the issue, and do not believe it to be a SG issue, certainly feel free to address it in the "software and services" forum; where I am sure a few folks will give it some thought :cool:

5. Ex_Brit

Thanks, I might do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.