Spyware Guard or Blaster?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Jason, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason

Jason Guest

Which program should I use? They both do the same thing basically right? What is everyone else using? The reason I want to only use 1 program is because I don't want to have to install more than 1 program on my customers systems.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Preferably both, Jason. They are built to complement each other. But if I was forced to choose: SpywareBlaster.
    That would require quite some force though. ;)

Regards,

Pieter

3. TJ.

TJ. Registered Member

Pieter,
    Question Please.

1. What is the difference between "Spyware Blaster with Spyware Guard" verses the "Spybot S&D" program.

2. Is there a connection between the Spybot group and the Wilders group? or are these two different groups all togeather?.......

3. Do you need both Spyware programs?

4. Will both run together without conflict?

Just what, please expand.

As you can see I am new to the Spyware Security arena, however I am glad I found you. This subject has opened a whole new world to internet security.

Thank you for your time.
    TJ.

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi TJ,

I'll try. SpywareBlaster sets kill-bits in the registry, thus stopping any process with the CLSID (sort of ID number) that the killbit is set for, from running on your computer.
    SpywareGuard checks every exe and cab file that starts for spyware and warns you for certain changes or downloads that are often used by spyware.
    SpywareBlaster does not have to be running to protect you, but SpywareGuard is an active monitor.

Spybot S&D is a program not related to the former two that cleans up spyware from your computer. Although Spybot S&D recommends the use of SpywareBlaster they are from different programmers.

All of these programs (and more) will work very nicely together without causing any conflicts.

Regards,

Pieter

5. Gaz

Gaz Registered Member

I would run both Spyware guard, and blaster as they protect differnet spywares.

Spyware guard, focuses on real-time protection and monitoring of files that load on your PC, it then may detect a spyware and alert you, very like antivirus, but instead looks for spyware, it has download protection and browser hijack protection.

Spyware Blaster, this protects Active X and and cookies from installing or copying themselves up to your system, by using kill bits, to stop windows installing them files.

Also spybot Search and Destory is worth having, as it searches for threats and removes them: http://beam.to/spybotsd

And also get Adaware 6 181: www.lavasoftusa.com very like spybot, it is just another layer of protection really, and worth having, since free.

Dont forget though that some programmers may want a donation for all their work.

6. JayK

JayK Poster

Personally I would not run Spywareguard unless you have a lot of memory to spare.

Spybot overlaps with spywareblaster with it's immunize option.

Spybot also has an addition Resident helper that is installed as a IE BHO which "will block download of files known as malicious (spyware installers for example)."

Spyware guard altough comes as a BHO appears to be wider in function .

"An anti-virus program scans files before you open them and prevents execution if a virus is detected - SpywareGuard does the same thing, but for spyware! And you can easily have an anti-virus program running alongside SpywareGuard."

So I assume this protection extends beyond IE?

Comments?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.