Spyware Guard Making my system unable to operate

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by johnc21, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnc21

johnc21 Registered Member

Hi everybody

Ok whats happening is when the computer loads none of the normal icons that load on the bottom right hand side are loading.Also when i click on anything it comes up with this message

" Error Reading Spyware guard definitions, The file may be corrupt or another program may have tampered with them.Run liveupdate to download the latest spywareguard definitions.This message will appear when you try to start covered file types unless you disable protection in the spywareguard control panel."

I have tried to run liveupdate but the same message comes up and the desktop screen reloads.Also if i click on add/remove programs in the control panel the same thing happens - screen reloads.

So basically it has bought anything i try do to to a halt as this message keeps coming up regardless of what i select.

Any help appreciated .
    Thanks
    John

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

You are probably going to have to uninstall then reinstall it to get it back. Since it is still active, you'll need to disable it first to be able to remove it. Be see this information about disabling and uninstalling SpywareGuard.

3. johnc21

johnc21 Registered Member

hi thank you for reply im sure it would have worked but i just done a system restart instead.

but thanks anyway ill have the info if it ever happens again

John

4. melanie

melanie Registered Member

I posted earlier today, but am unable to find that post. I am trying to uninstall spywareguard. So far I have deleted all files I can find, in the taskbar, the program file, documents, desktop and I deleted the registry key per message # 26 from 8/28/03. I also saw another spywareguard file in the registry and deleted that too. Now the SG error message shows up whenever I try to open my newly installed internet explorer and AOL. I uninstalled explorer and reinstalled Beta 7 version, still have the SG error message. I am trying to uninstall explorer beta, but now I can't. I ran the Windows system scan, have run Symantec antivirus, spybot and ad-aware and lavasoft's ad-aware several times today, but still have problems. Complicated by inadvertently changing the IME for language options to add more text to speech translation voices from internet. Multiple layers of problems, but maybe eliminating SG would be a start. System acting weird: wiggling cursor, slow speed opening up word, etc. AOL (netscape?) still working. Thanks for any help provided.
    Melanie Eleuterio

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hello,

checking your history, this is your first post. First off, did u follow the proper instructions on uninstalling SWG in LowWaterMark's post above?

Second, what exactly is the error message u are receiving from SWG?

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.