Spyware Guard main Screen?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Robyn, Mar 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I have been having the update error with the servers today which Paul has helped me with in the update post but I have just noticed that I cannot open an actual screenshot of SG. I can open the Live update but should I be able to open and see any tools. I have been running this application for months but have just noticed today when I cannot reach the update server that I only have access the the Live Update tool.

I know it is working as if I attempt to change my Homepage I am alerted but just wonder why I have everying in the folder but cannot view SG apart from date Screen o_O

I have had the .exe in the program folder with all the other files but even when clicking on this nothing happens? Would I be best to ues the unistall from the folder and then re-install SG?

I haven't noticed this previously as I always just used the update control. I would be grateful for advice on this one please. I have scanned my computer and everything is clear but just wonder why I cannot view a screenshot o_O

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Robyn,

Normally I would recommend an uninstall and installing once more. Since this would imply you can't grab the latest updates at this moment - and you'll need them - don't uninstall/install until the update server(s) are available again.

regards.

paul

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thanks again I understand this bit now as even the downloaded version would not be fully updated. I am glad I asked first as I would have been in a worse situation if I had uninstalled! When I do have server availability do I just use the uninstall from the program folder? I do not know why this has happened at all except I was attempting to check my settings.

4. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

This is strange as I have just used my laptop for a few things and checked if Spyware Guard had a main screen on it and it doesn't o_O Exactly the same thing as happens on my main PC just the Live update control but the rest does not appear.

I have SpywareBlaster/MRU Blaster & Spyware Guard on both - plus Spybot and Ad-aware with my firewall /AV etc I wondered if one of the settings in Spybot S&D may have over ruled my main screen?

Both applications appear on Sygate Pro 5.5 build 2525 application list as being permitted.

I will not be able to check if a fresh install will give me a main screen as the server access is still down but I am puzzled about both computers now.

5. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Hi Robyn,

Sorry, if this is already said or done.
    Just wondering, have you tried to right click on the SG icon in system tray. That is the way to get the main screen of SpywareGuard (if I got it right that you are not being able to get the SG main screen :doubt: )

good day

6. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Hi

Thanks for your help but I have just tried the right click as you suggested but nothing :'( I just see a flash and think it is going to open but it doesn't. I do have a screen on the update control which shows it is trying to connect and then I get the error about the server but absolutely nothing on the main console. This must have been like this as I only attempted to look yesterday!! I really am puzzled as it is the same on both setups o_O
    I cannot access the update server this morning so I still would not be able to do a fresh install :'(

7. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I feel so stupid but do not mind admitting this as I am also so relieved. Many thanks Subratam I cannot believe how stupid I have been. All the time I was trying to open it from the Icon when I open the start menu etc it was only a few minutes ago when I was looking in my System Tray that I discovered the SG Icon - right clicked and there was my main screen :oops: :oops: :oops:

I apologise for my panic when I thought I did not have a main screen when it was there all the time :oops:

Thanks to both of you for helping me all is well again :) the little red SG is the same colour as my face now ;)

Even better the server access is available again :) perhaps the fact that it was down has helped me to discover more about SG and also do not have to do the fresh install now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.