Spyware Guard home page mismatch

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Harrier_man, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harrier_man

Harrier_man Guest

Spyware Guard is informing me everytie I switch the computer on that something is trying to change my MSIE home page from www .mysearchnow.com/searchbar.html to www.google.com but my homepage isn't mysearchnow and I don't want it to be either that or google. Hence, neither option, to reject (implying my home page may change to mysearchnow) or accept fits, so I cancel the window, only to have it reappear next time. What should I do?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2005
  2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Harrier_man, and welcome to the Forum.

Since this is a known hijacker, your best bet would be to go to one of the spyware removal forums and post a HijackThis log for analysis by a spyware removal Expert.

Since we no longer provide hijackthis log review here at Wilders, you can find a list of sites that still do perform this type of log analysis and system cleaning in this link: http://a-sap.org/

Two of the bigger forums for HijackThis log processing, (meaning they process more log threads each day than many others) are: SpywareInfo.com and CastleCops.com.

Regards,

snap

3. Harrier_man

Harrier_man Guest

Thanks Snapdragin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.