Spyware Guard disables mouse-pause-over pop-ups

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Fool-Proof, Jul 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fool-Proof

Fool-Proof Guest

I noticed that the mouse-over pop-ups in Windows ME weren't working in some instances, like in the incon tray, the desktop icons, and even inside Zone Alarm in the programs allow/ask/block list where you can see the full information if it is longer than will fit in the space provided there.

I happened to uninstall SG in order to try the Tea Timer in Spybot S&D, and found that the pop-ups returned.

I again reinstalled SG to be sure, and it did cause those certain pop-ups to become disabled.

Others still worked, in some other parts of Windows ME and other applications, though.

I'm wondering if it is only happening on this machine, or has anyone else noticed this?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. Fool-Proof

Fool-Proof Guest

Snowbound;

I followed your link, and another within that to further posts.

Also, I see that some people don't like the "bubbles" anyway, and they are annoying when they are large and you don't expect them.

But it's a handy way to check the date, by hovering over the time in the systray, or to check the speed of a dial-up connection by hovering over the two-computers icon there.

I'm going to see if another application overlapps one of the SG features so I can disable that one (Tea Timer is having its own problems with its Allow/Deny dialog box, but there is a work-around, so maybe I'll use that for now).

Thank you very much.

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Your welcome. :)

Post back if u are able to find a solution or workaround for this issue for the benefit of other users who might also have this issue.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.