Spyware Found -but no record of what it was

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Green Giant, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

Since yesterday evening (November 2:cool: when I carried out a full scan of my PC using AVG AntiSpyware 7.5 paid for version, I see that three items of spyware have been detected.

I cannot find these or details of what these were.

Quarantine is empty and there are no reports of any kind.

What please should I do to see a record of what has happened?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

With the program open....select the Reports menu selection....then select the scan that corresponds to that time frame. From the right side box area copy\paste that info to a post Please.

Bubba

3. Green Giant

I have attached a print of the Report screen Bubba, but this shows nothing reported.

Attached Files:

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

What items have been found?

If this is just down to the detection counter showing three items, then it could refer to automatic removal of tracking cookies, if you have that feature enabled in the Guard.

Trackers automatically removed are not placed in quarantine, nor are reports generated for them.

5. Green Giant

Many thanks TopperID for the posting. I hadn't thought of tracking cookies because usually Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2007 seems to get to spyware first. From time to time however, AVG Antispyware collects 2 or 3 entries, without showing what was intercepted, and presumably removed.

Renewed thanks for putting my mind at rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.