spyware doctor or Msoft Antispyware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by maddawgz, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hi Everyone :D i have both of these i dont run spyware doctor on on gaurd?, just as needed which of the better for real time monitoring u think of these 2 thanks MD

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

On my machine spyware doctor takes up much more CPU, so I would say go w/ MSAS, or even better; Online Armor (although it's not quite out of beta yet).

3. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Regretfully, as of now...I have to second Notok's opinion. Spyware Doctor would be an excellent product, if they would just lower the memory and ESPECIALLY the CPU usage. I can live with the memory usage (as long as the Network Guard: i.e.- LSP and HOSTS file scanner is not running)....but these CPU "spikes" up to and over 50% on my Pentium 4 HT every ten seconds or so are really annoying. I've emailed them about it a few times, but as of yet, still nothing has been done about it. Hopefully there next release (whenever that will be) will take care of it.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.