Spyware Doctor Company Are Rip Off Artists

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by DVD+R, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

This Company must think people are stupid! or Insane. I emailed them asking if it was possible to extend a subscription above the standard 1 yr. Thy emailed me back saying "The standard subscription to Spyware Doctor is 1yr. However you May buy a 1 yr 3 user licence (which incidently is triple the price) and then subscribe to renew 3 users 1 yr (again triple the price) and this would be added to your 1 yr subscription. What they are saying is If I buy 3 licences for 1 computer, then immediately renew those licences, I'll have 3 yr licence. That sucks, cause it'll cost over $49.95AUD in my case or $38.97US for each licence totalling $149.95 AUD + renewal and $116.91 + renewal. were talking over $200 in either case here, and Spy Sweeper, and AVG the same 3 yr licence only totals around $40 I know cause I have 3yrs for both programs. I'm sure this is an injustice and a total rip off in pctools behalf :isay: :thumbd:

2. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

I had Spyware Doctor for a year but it expired awhile ago, I was glad to be rid of it. Total junk in my opinion. It was bloated, had many false positives and while it did work well with real legit spyware, I don't find spyware to be a huge threat if you're careful. No need to buy any anti-spyware anymore IMO.

3. btman

btman Registered Member

Yet at the RARE time... Spyware Doctor is the only program that would find/remove legitimate malware and that's the reason I will have it one again, after I buy a few other things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.