Spyware Doctor Company Are Rip Off Artists

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by DVD+R, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

This Company must think people are stupid! or Insane. I emailed them asking if it was possible to extend a subscription above the standard 1 yr. Thy emailed me back saying "The standard subscription to Spyware Doctor is 1yr. However you May buy a 1 yr 3 user licence (which incidently is triple the price) and then subscribe to renew 3 users 1 yr (again triple the price) and this would be added to your 1 yr subscription. What they are saying is If I buy 3 licences for 1 computer, then immediately renew those licences, I'll have 3 yr licence. That sucks, cause it'll cost over $49.95AUD in my case or $38.97US for each licence totalling $149.95 AUD + renewal and $116.91 + renewal. were talking over $200 in either case here, and Spy Sweeper, and AVG the same 3 yr licence only totals around $40 I know cause I have 3yrs for both programs. I'm sure this is an injustice and a total rip off in pctools behalf :isay: :thumbd:

2. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

I had Spyware Doctor for a year but it expired awhile ago, I was glad to be rid of it. Total junk in my opinion. It was bloated, had many false positives and while it did work well with real legit spyware, I don't find spyware to be a huge threat if you're careful. No need to buy any anti-spyware anymore IMO.

3. btman

btman Registered Member

Yet at the RARE time... Spyware Doctor is the only program that would find/remove legitimate malware and that's the reason I will have it one again, after I buy a few other things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.