spyware block list

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by the mul, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I have spyware blaster, and spyware guard, as well as ie spyad installed, is it worth installing CLSIDs block list as well, or do u think i have enough spyware blocking installed .
    I would also like to know would there be any conflict with CLSIDs block list and any of the programmes mentioned above.

Thanks

The Mul

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I don't see any reason not to use the Spyware Block List File in addition to the above mentioned software. Since it's from a separate source than the other products, it has every chance of finding and blocking something that the others have not yet covered.

And no, there should be no conflict at all with these products. The CLSID blocking is done the same way (in the registry) by the block list and SpywareBlaster, so the only thing likely to happen is that protections from one product have already been covered by the other, but that doesn't hurt anything. Blocked is blocked regardless of which product did it.

3. the mul

the mul Registered Member

Thanks for all your help, and have a nice weekend.

The mul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.