Spyware Blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by hogndog, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

I've asked this question 2-5 times in the last 5 years

Is there any evidence that proves Spyware Blaster has caught anything?

Thanks guys

Hogndog..

2. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Hi hogndog,
    Spywareblaster does not catch anything. It puts lists of tracking cookies, bad malicious sites and harmful activeX(only for internet explorer not for firefox) in browsers, so that when you try to visit bad sites or a cookie is tracking you or harmful activex(only for internet explorer) is being installed, if these are in the list, these are prevented.

Its like telling your browser not to visit listed bad sites and not allow cookies that tracks and prevent harmful activex(only for internet explorer not firefox). It does not run in realtime so does not use any resources except for some disk space to just sit there. When you update it and enable protection for the listed items, it inputs the items in browser's settings and that's it.

Personally I've used spywareblaster for years and have loved it. But now its not needed anymore.

Nowadays, any security software free or paid with their huge range of features also provide little protections like those provided by spywareblaster. You will get to know these things better when you use firefox with adbloock plus and better privacy as addons,malwarebytes antimalware( free or paid), superantispyware( free or paid) and any antivirus or internet security software(paid or free ).

I would suggest you drop spywareblaster because it seems the era of layered security has taken a whole new meaning.

Hope it answers your question.

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

SpywareBlaster functions as passive protection. It configures your OS and browsers to block/disable tracking cookies, prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware/malware/potentially unwanted software, and prevent unwanted scripting, exploits, downloads, etc.

It does not run constantly in the background (like most "active" protection), and it cannot notify you when something is blocked. But that also makes it about as lightweight as is possible, and is what allows it to be used alongside basically any other security setup as an additional layer(s) of protection.

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. hogndog

Well, I've been using it for 6 years and have have still been infected.. That's why I asked..

Hogndog

5. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

SpywareBlaster is meant to be an additional layer of security, not a stand alone solution. Are you using anything to block zero-day malware?

6. hogndog

Over the years I've tried them all, Spyware Blaster was installed all that time and I still became infected..

Hogndog

I'm not complaining, I was curios is all, and yet still no evidence, nothing in writing, that's O.k. might just as well delete this thread.

7. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

From what you are saying (and not saying) your machine would have been infected SB installed or not. Or any other security software you have (or should have) installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.