spyware blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Haree, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haree

Haree Guest

Does Spyware Blaster also detect snoopware or privacy spying software and voice modem spyware?

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Spywareblaster DOES NOT detect but puts Kill bits against the listed spywares in the main window. It is NOT a scanner but a tool on concept "prevention is better than cure"

3. Haree

Haree Registered Member

If I use SpyBot and SpyCop, do I need SpywareBlaster?
    And does anything detect the phone modem spyware?

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Spybot S&D and SpyCop are both good programs but SpywareBlaster's preventative capabilities are a great addition to using those tools. As Subratam said above, prevention is better than cure, and SpywareBlaster is a whole lot of prevention.

Because each of these programs cover different areas, they make a great combination to use. If one was simply redundant to the others, we'd tell you that, but since these cover different areas - running all will help.

"phone modem spyware"? Do you mean "dialers" - spyware that disconnects and dials your modem into a high price ISP connection? I believe both Spybot and SpyCop detect some of those, as do some anti-virus and anti-trojan products. SpywareBlaster has many ActiveX blocks specifically targeted against malicious dialers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.