Spyware Blaster won't update

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by sengland, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sengland

sengland Registered Member

I've got javacool spywareblaster on two computers. One runs Windows 2000 and spyware blaster won't even run. The other computer runs Windoes XP and the javacool spywareblaster won't update. I've changed nothing on either computer. When I first installed, the software worked well and then within the last couple of weeks has started giving me problems. Any suggestions?

2. Thummy

Thummy Registered Member

I have a similar problem on XP.

When i try to update (my spywareblaster 3.2 version) it takes a long time and then a messagebox appears with "The server returned the following unexpected response:" followed with a blank space.
    After clicking OK it still acts as if a file is being processed, but after that the main screen still says it has database 7/7/2004 loaded. (not 8/6/2004)
    o_O
    Thummy

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hm I'm not too sure here - but have you tried the "use alternative update method" under updates/options?

4. LoneCoyote

LoneCoyote Guest

I am also having updating problems. It updated fine the first few times I did it and now it will not work. I tried to enable the "use alternative update method" and it still will not work. I get "error conecting to update server" and it says it may be due to my firewall or file corruption. I have the Norton Internet Security software and the Windows XP firewall. Is there something I can do to the firewall to allow the Spyware Blaster to update? Thanks.

5. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

Did anyone try the manual update method in the Tips & Tricks sticky post? Follow the directions, then open SB. When it tries to load protections, it will report database corruption (as those links appear to have been for version 3.1), and it will offer to connect to the website and repair the database for you. Once that happens, you should be okay. This is how I had to grab yesterday's update; it worked for me, but your own experience may vary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.