spyware blaster wont open

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by stumper52, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stumper52

stumper52 Registered Member

when I try to run spyware blaster I gey error asycfilt.dll. I have installed all the vb run times. Strange it will open in the safe mode, but in the normal mode it will works only 2 out of 5 tries. If anyone could share some help here, I would be very grateful. Stumper52

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello stumper52

Welcome to Wilders

I found a thread and possible solution to your problem here. See the third and fourth posts.

3. stumper52

Spyware Blaster Problem Continues

I did try the suggesestions submitted by RonJor, yet my problem with
    asycfilt.dll..continues. All the runtimes, files I have loaded and ran those, the mc repair did not help either. The blaster always will run in safe mode, but in the normal operation, it's a gamble. if it will run or not. I thought the new version of A2 Squared, might be causing a conflict. So I un-installed that, yet no help there either. If anyone has any further thing I might try, please advise.
    Thanks To All
    Stumper52

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The only thing I can suggest at this point is to list your operating system and any other info you think will be helpful.

5. stumper52

Dear Ron
    I am using windows xp, pent 4, use Adaware, Sypbot Search And Destroy, only the standard XP firewall. Have no Trojans, or Visus's. nor any spyware. I use Web Root's Spysweeper. This first started when the new A2 Squared, updated the entire program. But as I stated, I did uninstall that. But the problem remains. I have tried doing everything I could find on the google search. The strange part is the blaster loads and run fine in safe mode. Also I have been using the blaster for 2 years and never, had any type of problem at all...So I am really stumped by this.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thanks for the info stumper52. I have to take a break for the night. In the meantime, have patience.

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

What is the full description received with this asycfilt.dll. error?

snowbound

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Re: Spyware Blaster Problem Continues

While you still may have an issue after re-visiting some of the steps you have tried....I would suggest you start over and make sure you download the Visual Basic 6.0 SP6 run-times from Microsoft as mentioned in this post by Javacool but do not run the mcrepair tool contained in that same thread. The reason being the mcrepair tool and it's file contents are outdated in comparison to the same files contained in Visual Basic 6.0 SP6. As stated....this may still not fix your issue but it will at least get your XP install as it relates to proper VB files more in line with your OS instead of the mcrepair files which appear to be more for Win9X....msninvestor/patch/1.0/win98/en-us/mcrepair.exe

Attached Files:

9. stumper52

Stumper52,
    Even thoughI have installed the VB60 SP6 run times, a few days ago..that did not solved the problem. The strange part of this is, it's a gamble, meaning some times the blaster will run...fine. The next boot it wont, and I get the never ending asycfilt.dll error...saying spyware blaster has to close.
    As I have stated I have no problem in the safe mode...if that tells you anythingo_O I am not computer stupid, yet this time I am very much frustrated.

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Yes....but you said you installed the mcrepair tool and if that was after the VB60 SP6 install....you then over wrote more up to date VB60 SP6 files with the seriously outdated VB mcrepair files intended it appears for Win9X and not XP.

If you have re-installed VB60 SP6 after the mcrepair tool and still only works proper in safemode....then yes this is rather peculiar to say the least :doubt:

11. stumper52

Hi Bubba,
    Ok I just re-installed the VB60SP6 again. I will do some cycles on off,,,,and see what happens this time.

12. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

crossing fingers and suggest the "cycles on off" include the PC unless that is what you meant :doubt:

13. stumper52

STUMPER52 again, well I cycled on off 7 times, and have success this time.
    If this matters at all, I also cleaned out my prefetch folder, prior to reinstalling and running the VB60 again. Perhaps the prefetch had some of the A2 Squared, residue..just a thought. Strange also, I have identical, programs in my other machine, and never had this problem with the blaster.
    I will pray this has been solved, if not I will post here again.
    I thank everyone, who has replied to me..very much appreciated.

14. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Glad you got it solved and Please do post again if for some reason it's exhibiting this problem and if possible double check SB from time to time especially immediately following any other program installs that might affect visiual basic files.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.