Spyware Blaster will no longer run

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by J35Jazz, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J35Jazz

J35Jazz Registered Member

I have used the program for a long time. Recently, I got the following message:

Error: Access violation at 0x66063FEA (tried to read from 0x00000014), program terminated

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times without success. Any thoughts?

2. Panthers007

Panthers007 Registered Member

If you have Spybot Search & Destroy as well - make sure it's been updated. One of the versions that came out of SS&D conflicted with SB. Keep reading the threads here - lots of people are having similar problems. Don't give up.

3. J35Jazz

Thanks, I think it is updated but will update it now. If that doesn't work, I will delete Spybot and see what that does to Spyware Blaster.

4. Mors_Victrix

Mors_Victrix Registered Member

I used to get the same message untill I switched from Comodo personal firewall to online armor... The first was in conflict with my Kaspersky AV & obviousely Spyware Blaster. Comodo is a great firewall, if it werent for this fact it would still be running on my computer. Maybe you are using it too?

5. J35Jazz

Nope, I am using Mcafee. I still have not gotten Spyware Blaster to run and continue to get the same error message. I have removed and reloaded Spybot Search and Destroy and will see what happens when I run it.

Sadly, my computer is slowing down so I am sure there is garbage being put on the unit.

6. J35Jazz

As Freud used to say, heal thyself.

I reviewed a lot of chat boards and was able to fix the problem. There are two files that tend to get corrupted on my computer that affect Spyware Blaster. One relates to a dll file that can be found using Google. The other is Vbrun60sp5.exe.

I have to reinstall the Vbrun file periodically but have no idea why it keeps getting corrupted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.