Spyware Blaster will no longer run

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by J35Jazz, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J35Jazz

J35Jazz Registered Member

I have used the program for a long time. Recently, I got the following message:

Error: Access violation at 0x66063FEA (tried to read from 0x00000014), program terminated

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times without success. Any thoughts?

2. Panthers007

Panthers007 Registered Member

If you have Spybot Search & Destroy as well - make sure it's been updated. One of the versions that came out of SS&D conflicted with SB. Keep reading the threads here - lots of people are having similar problems. Don't give up.

3. J35Jazz

Thanks, I think it is updated but will update it now. If that doesn't work, I will delete Spybot and see what that does to Spyware Blaster.

4. Mors_Victrix

Mors_Victrix Registered Member

I used to get the same message untill I switched from Comodo personal firewall to online armor... The first was in conflict with my Kaspersky AV & obviousely Spyware Blaster. Comodo is a great firewall, if it werent for this fact it would still be running on my computer. Maybe you are using it too?

5. J35Jazz

Nope, I am using Mcafee. I still have not gotten Spyware Blaster to run and continue to get the same error message. I have removed and reloaded Spybot Search and Destroy and will see what happens when I run it.

Sadly, my computer is slowing down so I am sure there is garbage being put on the unit.

6. J35Jazz

As Freud used to say, heal thyself.

I reviewed a lot of chat boards and was able to fix the problem. There are two files that tend to get corrupted on my computer that affect Spyware Blaster. One relates to a dll file that can be found using Google. The other is Vbrun60sp5.exe.

I have to reinstall the Vbrun file periodically but have no idea why it keeps getting corrupted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.