Spyware Blaster version 3.5.1

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by dkf41, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkf41

dkf41 Registered Member

Hi I'm not sure If I'm posting in the correct place and I'll repost this if needed. I have 2 problems with Spyware blaster: 1. The tutorial page always comes up and I have no way to disable it. 2. Once I close the program and return, all protection is disabled. I always used to be able to close and go back to update and everything would still be enabled. I would appreciate any help with these 2 problems. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it doesn't help.

Thanks, dkf41

2. dcdc

dcdc Registered Member

About your second question, I don't know that much about it, but are you running any other software that might be blocking SB's actions? When strange things like this happen, it's worth a try at disabling other antimalware applications one at a time to pinpoint if one of them is the culprit. Program changes such as updates or new versions can cause problems.

I had a generally similar type of problem that was caused by Spyware Doctor - see the thread here "I can't enable protection...".

As another example, Spyware Doctor would report as a false positive one of Spybot's IE tweaks settings.

These sorts of interactions are not all that common, I suspect, but when they do happen they are a hassle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.