Spyware Blaster still protects while inactive?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mjacklyn, May 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjacklyn

mjacklyn Registered Member

I have version 3.1 and I really like it. However, I also have firewall protections, IE6 Security, Anti-virus, etc. So I do not know if restricted tracking cookies are being blocked by Spyblaster or another program. It says it still protects even if you shut down the program. Is this true? How is that possible and then why do you have to enable protection when you open up if it is protecting your computer when it is not even running?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

"SpywareBlaster does not need to remain open for its protection to be active!"

So the answer is Yes and before attempting to explain....you will find a real good explanation via SpywareBlasters Help section dealing with each of the features. If you click the ? mark via the program....select the Contents tab\SpywareBlaster Features\Protection....you'll see the 4 areas of protection.

Having said that....once you select SpywareBlasters ActiveX, spyware/tracking cookies and Restricted Sites Protection....they are then merged into IE's appropriate registry keys and you can then close down SpywareBlaster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.