Spyware Blaster & Spyware Guard Updating Problems

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by LBD, Jul 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LBD

LBD Registered Member

Over the weekend, I tried running both Spyware Blaster and Spyware Guard ... went out for updates and downloaded them, only to have both programs crash on starting them up and each time, I received a dialog box that said that some files were corrupted, there was a bad sector on my PC, or a virus. I have been battling look2me. com and 69. 20. 62. 53 (disabled links - snap) variations. The dialog msg. said to try uninstalling the programs and downloading them again, but I can't uninstall everything on my PC because it claims some other program is using certain files. Is this the two problems I listed above? I hate being without both of these terrific programs! Where do I start?

Thanks,
    Lisa

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2004
  2. dog

dog Guest

Hi Lisa, ;)

Welcome to Wilders' ;)

First let's make sure your free and clear of the problems you mentioned ... if you haven't already and are still experiencing problems. Follow thru with the 1st Step

1st Step

Please follow these instructions by LWM Posting a Hijack This Log

Then start a "new" thread in the Hijack forum - Here Please be patient as many of the experts live in different time zones, but someone will address your log shortly. ;)

In the mean time you might be interested to read this - How did I get infected in the first place?

Step 2

If this is the message you're seeing ...

"This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it."

This problem seems to be caused by a previous CWS infection ... more info in this thread - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=26534

Some have found a workable solution see post # 60 by Jack Attack here- https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=192734&postcount=60

The Rokop Link Translated to english - Rokop

As for the program it self ... left button = close ... right button = start disinfection ....

HTH, ;)

dog - *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.