Spyware Blaster & Spybot S&D Immunize

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jaydub, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaydub

jaydub Registered Member

Do Spyware Blaster & Spybot S&D Immunize fulfil similar functions are are they complementary to each other?

I believe both provide registry protection against a list of known adware/ malware. Is the protection provided by each product almost identical?

2. pilotart

pilotart Registered Member

On my SpyBot S&D's Immunize Page it says:

3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

They offer simular functionality. SpywareBlaster was not updated for a while, but since a year or so it gives regular updates. The Active--X bits protection is the most important feature. Some people use both. I do not care who has the most the IP addresses, so I use Spywareblaster (for Active-X).

It is really up to youe preference.

Regards K

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

SpywareBlaster is doing two main things:-

1) Internet Explorer protection, which prevents the download and installation of 'bad' Active X; it should also prevent you from even being offered such a D/L in the first place. It will additionally put a block on tracking cookies from certain sites.

2) Restricted sites protection, which places known bad sites into the IE restricted zone, to prevent those sites from using Active X, Java applets and Java script etc, should you visit any of the sites in question.

The Immunization feature of SB S&D is similar and in practice there is such overlap between them that by using both products (which you can certainly do) you will only gain relatively small additional protection. I'm not sure which is the most uptodate in terms of updating, but with Spybot you need to run the immunize feature after an update and it is easy to forget to do so!

5. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I use both no problems so far.:D

6. jaydub

jaydub Registered Member

I'm using both. Just wondered if it was a waste of time.

7. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

No overlapping of protection for me so far. I feel safer with both.

8. coach_again

coach_again Registered Member

I use both of these as well. Blaster I rely on for prevention and Spybot S&D mainly for removal :D

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.